Company: Polar Field Services
Posted on: January 6, 2022
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran
statusPolar Field Services
Electricians perform skilled electrical work in the construction,
maintenance and repair of NSF funded facilities and equipment in
the Arctic environment. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform skilled electrical work in the installation,
maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment up to
- Maintenance & repair of generators, power distribution
equipment, panel boards, lighting systems, motor circuits, heating
systems, controls, switch gear, fire alarms, heat trace,
receptacles, tools, appliances and light fixtures.
- Preventative maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Ability to diagnose & remedy electrical issues.
- Safely operate and maintain power saws, drills, threaders,
conduit benders, meters and other power or hand tools used in rough
and finish electrical work.
- Layout & install electrical systems to meet code
- Create red-lines/as-builts to document new work performed
- Perform equipment and materials inventory and recommend
materials/tools for future tasking.
- Perform material take-offs.
- Read blueprints, plans and specifications and prepare rough
sketches to demonstrate a point.
- Direct the work of trade helpers.
- Participate in daily tasking, safety meetings and morning
- Proactive about maintaining a safe working environment.
- Work outside in harsh and undeveloped-remote environments.
- Drive a truck, snowmobile and/or other polar vehicles.
- Assist other trades as needed.
- Assist with station/camp operations, maintenance, shoveling and
house mouse (cleaning community spaces) tasking as required or
- Maintain a clean and hazard free workspace, in the workshop, on
the jobsite and around outside storage yards.
- Other duties as assigned or required. Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience: Possession of a current journeyman level
electrical license or higher Preferred Qualifications:
- 4 years diversified journeyman electrician experience preferred
- Certification on "NFPA 70E: Standard for Electrical Safety in
the Workplace" training courses is preferred
- Experience with generators, switch gear, breakers and
- Experience with controls desired
- Experience with commercial/industrial facility construction
desired. Must have a working knowledge of the National Electrical
- Previous experience with remote, cold and/or polar experience
preferred Licensure(s)/Certifications/Travel Documents Valid
Passport required with at least six-months validity remainingValid
Driver's License is requiredValid Electrical - Journeyman's License
or higher Other Requirements: Authorization to work in the U.S. is
required. Polar Field Services cannot sponsor employment-based work
- Cognitive requirements include the ability to read, write and
speak English, basic mathematical reasoning
- Ability to meet schedules and timelines, attend training
classes as required, read and explain rules, regulations, policies
- Ability to plan and organize daily tasking. Work Schedule: This
position requires travel and varied deployment to remote field
sites for the duration of the work assignment. Schedule may vary
based on location, weather conditions and work requirements -
Typically 9-hour days, 6 days per week. Work
Environment/ConditionsWhen travelling and working at field sites,
employees will sleep in insulated huts, dorms, hotels or other
types of community housing. At times these sleeping conditions
could be extremely cold (below -20 F) or hot (above 80 F). You
should expect a roommate during all deployments to remote
locations. Food may come from restaurants, self-made or from a cook
and options may be limited. Showers, laundry and other common
amenities may be restricted or not available for periods of time
due to unforeseen circumstances such as power/water restrictions,
equipment maintenance or system failure. Basic telephone and
internet services may be limited or non-existent at times. Required
to perform strenuous work outside, at high elevation on various
jobs in extreme cold weather conditions for long hours. Working
temperatures may well exceed -40F and depending upon time of year &
location, could be required to work with extensive
snow/wind/ice/rain/mud/mosquitos. Work environments may include
exposure to confined spaces and/or exposures to edges requiring the
use of fall restraint. Job tasks may include physical activities
such as standing for extended periods of time, walking, lifting
and/or carrying an object in excess of 50 pounds, climbing,
balancing, crouching, stooping or kneeling, and/or repetitive
motions. Transport may include but is not limited to foot traffic,
snowmobiles, trucks, snow transport vehicles and aircraft. Due to
living and working in a small, communal environment, you must be
able to establish and maintain effective relationships with others
during and after working hours. Health, Safety & Environment
- Adheres to Health, Safety and Environment policies in planning
and execution of activities
- Must wear hard hats, steel-toes boots, and other PPE (Personal
Protective Equipment) when required.
- Report all incidents (injury, illness, near miss, property
damage, etc.) immediately to the supervisor.
- Practices safe work methods using OSHA 1926 and 1910 safety
guidelines for the construction and general industry as a minimum
- Please note: This position requires you to "physically qualify"
(PQ). This means you must pass the National Science Foundation
required physical/dental exams and drug screen prior to deployment.
Benefits: Hourly Health & Welfare benefit credit applied to first
40 hours worked each week. Currently an additional $4.22/hour on
top of base pay ($166.80/weekly).DISCLAIMERThe above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to
be an exhaustive list of all requirements, activities and skills
required of staff members. This job description may change at any
Keywords: Polar Field Services, Littleton , Electrician, Professions , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!