Cyber Security Analyst (Journeyman, Senior, SME)
Company: Technical and Project Engineering LLC (TAPE)
Posted on: May 1, 2021
Contingent Upon AwardWestern Area Power Administration (WAPA) is
one of four power marketing administrations in the Department of
Energy (DOE).WAPAs mission includes:
- Marketing and delivering reliable, cost-based hydroelectric
power, and related services from multi-use water projects within a
15-state region of the central and western United States.
- Operating and maintaining a high-voltage transmission system
that carries electricity generated at power plants operated by the
Bureau of Reclamation, the Army Corps of Engineers, and the
International Boundary and Water Commission.Responsibilities:
- Plan, implement, upgrade, or monitor security measures for the
protection of computer networks and information. May ensure
appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard
digital files and vital electronic infrastructure. May respond to
computer security breaches and viruses.
- Provide Network Security Operations Center (NSOC) support and
management. Provide engineering and technical support to all
software and hardware cyber tools maintained by Cyber
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to in regards to cyber
security technical issues, risk analyses, mitigation plans, and
continuity of operations planning.
- Configuring and maintaining black and white lists on the Web
Proxy environment (Blue Coat) as well as monitoring user
- Configuring devices to be monitored and customizing monitoring
capabilities of Network Monitoring Tool (Solarwinds).
- Configuring scan zones and conducting various internal and
external scans of the organizations networked devices by means of
the Vulnerability management tool (Security Center).
- Conduct internal network scanning using of organizations
networked devices using the vulnerability management tool (Core
- Conduct analysis of files/organizations networked devices using
Encase Forensic software.
- Configuring policies, maintaining up to date rule sets and
monitoring intrusion events alerted on by the ID/PS
- Configuring log sources and rule sets, maintaining system
software and monitoring SIEM (QRadar) offenses.
- Creating reports on suspicious/malicious traffic and alerting
the respective Regional Cyber Security Officer in a timely
- Review reports and advisories for indicators and process
- Working with a nationally distributed team.
- Collaborating with team members as well as other
internal/external customers, business partners, management, and
- Lead small to medium size projects as directed by
- Deliver appropriate and accurate metrics to management.
- Other duties as assigned.EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS:
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work
assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring
originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and
presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and
performance metrics where applicable.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science or a related technical
degree (or a minimum of 5 years of progressive IT experience.)
- Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or
technology assignments. Establishes goals and plans that meet
project objectives. Has domain and expert technical knowledge.
Directs and controls activities for a client, having overall
responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to
ensure that technical requirements are met. Interactions involve
client negotiations and interfacing with senior management.
Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on
overall project implementation. May supervise others.
- Experience to provide investigative, analytic, and
troubleshooting skills associated with cyber security, security
policy, and operational events.
- Experience in system administration, network infrastructure,
routed IP networks, and cyber security analysis.
- Experience of cyber security principles such as availability,
encryption, digital signatures, ports, protocols, services, risk
management, configuration management, access control, security
architecture, contingency planning.
- Experience of cyber security tools configuration,
administration and operation.
- Experience of IT operational monitoring tools configuration,
administration and operation.
- Ability to analyze IOCs.
- Ability to vet sites and advise to block or allow.
- Ability to recognize anomalies across the network.
- Experience as a SOC analyst.
- Experience with Splunk.
- Certification in Cyber Security field such as Security+, CISSP,
CISM or agreed upon with COR
- CISSP or related certifications preferred (SANS, Security +,
CEH, and others).
- Two or more years of experience handling cyber-related
incidents (in a Federal/DOD environment preferred).
- Public Trust Clearance/HighPHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The
employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with
hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up
to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT:All employees are responsible for their own
safety, as well as that of others in the workplace. To help us
maintain a safe workplace, everyone must be safety-conscious at all
times. This position is performed in a typical office environment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to
moderate. Safe use of TAPE equipment, as well as safe practices
while on TAPE property is essential.DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS:TAPE
will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.TAPE is an Equal
Opportunity / Affirmative Action EmployerEOE Minorities / Females /
Protected Veterans / Disabled
Keywords: Technical and Project Engineering LLC (TAPE), Littleton , Cyber Security Analyst (Journeyman, Senior, SME), Professions , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!