Company: Ross Stores, Inc
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us
stronger... At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care
about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value
their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and
an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of
backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with
us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and
inclusion journey! GENERAL PURPOSE: The Area Supervisor is a member
of the Store Leadership who is responsible for a specific, assigned
area of the Store as well as the general operations and supervision
of the Store when functioning as the Manager on Duty.; Area
Supervisors are responsible for opening and closing the Store,
supervising Associates, and maintaining a friendly, easy to shop
environment. They ensure proper merchandise presentation and
maintain a clean work area at all times. Area Supervisors are also
responsible for executing and supervising Company operational
processes as needed. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Maintaining Safe ; Secure
Environments: * Understands that safety is the number one priority
and practices safe behaviors in everything they do.
* Maintains a high level of awareness on the sales floor to create
a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone.; Immediately
corrects or reports any unsafe conditions or practices to Store
* Responsible for security of building including entrance/exit
control (Associate entry/egress, receiving door, daily trash
removal, etc.), Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) devices daily
function check, Cash Office security, armored carrier pick-ups and
* Removes clutter and ensures safe, clear egress to emergency
* Responsible for Customer safety including accident prevention,
accident reporting and emergency procedures.;
* Tests all fire alarm systems as scheduled. Responds to
after-hours alarms when requested. ; Customer Service: * Treats all
Customers, Associates, and other leaders with respect.
* Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all
times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition programs.
Personal and Store Brand: * Represents and supports the Company
brand at all times.
* Maintains a professional appearance, in accordance with Company
Dress Code. Ensures all Associates adhere to the Company Dress Code
at all times.
* Keeps all areas of the Store clean, well-maintained, and
merchandised to standard.
* Responsible for daily trash removal.
* Inspects restrooms hourly to ensure that cleanliness standards
are met. General Merchandising: * Ensures recovery, sizing and
markdowns are completed to Company standards through teaching,
assigning tasks, and following up per Company best practice.
* Responsible for receiving merchandise truck when needed.
* Processes all merchandise with a sense of urgency.
* Responsible for receipt of all non-merchandise inbound deliveries
(i.e. signs, supplies, special deliveries, etc.).
* Responsible for cleanliness and organization of all
* Helps deliver and place merchandise on sales floor when all
merchandise is processed.
* Responsible for ensuring any back-stock is secured and processed
to Company policy.
* Responsible for merchandising of department including the back
* Responsible for the reduction of loss due to damage.
* Ensures compliance to the monthly presentation guidelines in
* Responsible for floor moves and signing including promotional
signing as needed.
* Responsible for re-wraps as needed. Loss Prevention: *
Understands and complies with the Loss Prevention Awareness Program
and is responsible for Store Loss Prevention which includes
maintaining a large Customer service presence on the sales floor,
Customer and Associate engagement and heightened Loss Prevention
* As a representative of Ross Leadership, demonstrates integrity
and honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers.;
Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card
information and merchandise.
* Ensures Public View Monitor (PVM) system is maintained
* Conducts "Code 50" package inspections.
* Executes all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by
minimizing steps and touches while working. Front End Supervision
and Operations: * Executes all Company Best Practices and maximizes
productivity by minimizing steps and extra touches when working.
Ensures Associates are executing to Company standards at the Front
* Maintains pace, energy and "presence" at the Front End, managing
the line to expedite; Customers wait time
* Trains and coach Associates on cash registers, shortage control
policies and other Front End procedures. To meet friendly and
* Controls Retail Associates' break schedule for backups, lunches
* Ensures all equipment is working properly.
* Maintains proper supplies and recovery for the Front End
* Ensures go backs are expedited, properly scanned, security tagged
* Teaches all Associates the "Scan and Bag" best practice.
* Ensures salability of merchandise on the Front End, aisle tables,
Men's/Women's 4-way features, and specialty racks. Fitting Rooms: *
Responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the Fitting
* Ensures all Fitting Room garment tags are audited and accounted
for to Company policy.
* Ensures go-back compliance throughout the day.; All merchandise
returned to the sales floor must be ticketed, scanned, nubbed and
security tagged as needed. Administrative Duties as Assigned by
Store Manager: * Ensures Cash pulls and bank deposits are conducted
to Company policy.
* Responsible for Front End control when needed. Understands and
adheres to the policies and procedures that refer to refund
approval, Associate purchase approval, securing tills and cash in
safe, register Paid Outs/Ins, void approval, register media and
* Responsible for payroll administration including daily punch
edits, Associate scheduling compliance, Sunday payroll transmission
and Payroll reporting as needed.
* Other duties as assigned by Store Manager. COMPETENCIES: *
Manages Work Processes
* Business Acumen
* Plans, Aligns ; Prioritizes
* Builds Talent
* Leading by Example
* Communicates Effectively
* Ensures Accountability ; Execution QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL
SKILLS REQUIRED: * Excellent verbal communication skills.
* Fluency in English.
* Prior Customer Service and supervisory experience preferred.
* Familiarity with point-of-sale equipment and applications.
* Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used
in retail environments.
* Ability to work evenings and weekends. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ADA:
* Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers and
PC as required.
* Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking,
and moving around the Store.
* Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb,
carry, reach, and stoop.
* Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 lbs.
* Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and
other assigned supplies.
* Certain assignments may require other qualifications and
* Associates who work Stockroom shifts:; ability to regularly push,
pull and lift more than 20 lbs. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: *
* Stockroom Leads (where applicable) DISCLAIMER This job
description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities
of the job and position.; It is not intended to be a comprehensive
or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities.; Contents
are subject to change at management's discretion. Ross is an equal
employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for
employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and
experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the
Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong,
talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with
all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race,
color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical,
mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to
pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military
status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical
condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic
information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal,
state or local laws. Benefits offered to all Associates include
Accident, Critical Illness, Vision, Auto and Home, Pet, Identity
Protection, Associate Purchase Program, Benefit Hub Discount Mall,
Employee Assistance Program and Commuter Benefits, 401K (service
requirements), Employee Stock Purchase Program, Ross Cares Fund,
College Discounts, Sick Pay (where legally required) and Referral
Bonuses. In addition, Any Full-Time Associate including FT Retail
Associate, Area Supervisor, Assistant Store Manager and Store
Manager are eligible for extended benefits offered including
Medical/Dental/Vision Health Insurance, Legal Insurance, Vacation
Buy, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Life/ADD
Insurance, Long- Term Disability, Enhanced Maternity and Parental
Leave Benefit, Vacation Pay, Personal and Company Holidays. AS, ASM
and SM Associates are also eligible to receive a Bonus based on
individual and business performance. Pay range: $13.82 - $16.50
Keywords: Ross Stores, Inc, Littleton , Area Supervisor, Other , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!