Intern Engineer Graduate
Company: Terumo BCT, Inc.
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Requisition ID: 29596
At Terumo Blood and Cell Technologies, our 7,000+ global associates
proud to come to work each day, knowing that what we do impacts the
lives of patients around the world.
We make medical devices and related products that are used to
collect, separate, manufacture and process various components of
blood and cells. With our innovative technologies and service
offerings, we touch a patient's life every second of every day and
are committed to continuing to increase the number of patients we
With some of the best and brightest minds in the industry, an
unmatched global footprint, comprehensive benefits and a distinct
culture, Terumo Blood and Cell Technologies is a great place to
work, grow and be part of a team that is focused on making a
difference. Consider joining our team and unlock your
Intern Engineer Graduate
We are seeking full-time automation support engineers to assist
with ramp up of manufacturing processes in Littleton. The interns
will support engineers in troubleshooting activities to increase
automated assembly line equipment output and any necessary process
engineering activities to bring a new manufacturing line into full
production capability. We will be looking for a cross functional
engineer, such as an electrical engineer with mechanical aptitude
or a mechanical engineer with electrical and programming aptitude.
An ideal candidate would have a basic understanding of automated
manufacturing equipment including controls, cameras, mechanical
design, programming, and possibly pneumatics.
Positions would be full time, primarily on site in Littleton, and
starting as soon as possible. The position will likely be at least
6 months but no firm end date. We are not looking for "summer only"
- Data collection, sorting and analysis (camera data, faults,
- Mechanical design assistance
- Electrical and controls debugging
- PLC programming/code cleanup (with help from
- Documentation/administrative work
- Excel, Word, Powerpoint and possibly visio
- Performs planned work to accomplish project goals and provide
experience and familiarization with engineering or scientific
processes, independent thinking, and company practices and
- Performs work that is investigative in nature and analyzes data
and report results for various research or projects.
- Develops solutions to problems of intermediate to advanced
complexity; interprets, executes, and recommends modifications to
operating policies where appropriate.
- Displays a positive, proactive approach to problem solving.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- May assist in accurate data entry into computer databases or
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Completed Bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Could be pursuing a Master's degree in engineering, physical
science, or life science discipline.
- Course work in the following is preferred:
- Circuits, mechanical design principles, and computer
- Robotics, controls, and computer vision
- Advanced mathematics, statistics, metrology
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Grit - passion and perseverance to do your part to make sure
this project is successful. Ability to show initiative including
identifying gaps in activities and closing them, or alerting
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute on multiple projects and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to seek guidance and ask questions when needed
No prior experience required.
- Expanded knowledge of engineering or scientific
- Ability to apply complex engineering or scientific concepts to
support department or company projects.
- Ability to analyze problems, contribute to decisions, and
assist in the design and implementation of solutions to resolve
engineering or scientific issues that are intermediate to advanced
- Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and
skills to use them effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally
and in writing.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of
these qualifications may be considered.
General Labor Environment requirements include: use of personal
protective equipment, reading, speaking, hearing, walking, bending,
standing, stretching/reaching, hand/finger dexterity, and
occasional lifting, up to 50 pounds, or transporting up to 500
pounds via carts or mechanized equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Additional Physical Requirements
Requires travel based on business needs.
Target Pay Range:$32.00to$32.00- Hourly pay rateto be determined by
the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the
applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data
Target Bonus on Base:0.0%
At Terumo Blood and Cell Technologies, we provide competitive total
reward offerings that consist of compensation, benefits,
recognition, along with a wealth of other well-being, work-life and
recognition programs which support in unlocking the potential for
you and your family.Included in our expansive list of benefits
offerings are multiple group medical, dental and vision plans, a
robust wellness program, life insurance and disability coverages,
also a variety of voluntary programs such as group accident,
hospital indemnity, critical illness, pet insurance and much
more.To help you save for retirement, we offer a 401(k) plan with a
matching contribution and for work-life balance we have vacation
and sick time programs for associates.For us, it's about protecting
the personal welfare of our associates and their families, helping
to achieve personal goals and offering those extra touches for
convenience, security and overall peace of mind.
- Terumo Blood and Cell Technologies is part of Terumo Group,
founded in 1921 and headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
- In 2019, Terumo Blood and Cell Technologies reached $1 billion
- We employ nearly 7,000 associates globally, with global
headquarters in Lakewood, CO, U.S., and regional headquarters in
Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
- We manufacture devices, disposable sets and solutions at our
facilities in Belgium, India, Japan, Northern Ireland, the U.S. and
Vietnam. Our global presence enables us to serve customers in more
than 130 countries.
- Our core values help set our direction, guide our actions and
keep us true to our corporate mission of contributing to society
- Respect - Appreciative of others
- Integrity - Guided by our mission
- Care - Empathetic to patients
- Quality - Committed to excellence
- Creativity - Striving for innovation
- We contribute to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS),
raising $1.3 million USD since 2007.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action
Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without
discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, order
of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship
status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability,
military status or an unfavorable discharge from military
Terumo Blood and Cell Technologies is committed to providing a
safe, healthy and secure working environment.Our Colorado campus
locations are tobacco-free workplaces and we maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and
detailed background verification.Absent accommodation permitted by
applicable law, as a condition of employment with Terumo Blood and
Cell Technologiesin the United States you must be fully COVID-19
vaccinated and provide valid proof of vaccination to the
Keywords: Terumo BCT, Inc., Littleton , Intern Engineer Graduate, Other , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!