Patient Intake Coordinator
Company: Family Care Center
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Position Summary: The Patient Intake Coordinator is responsible for
managing the registration process of patients or clients for
outpatient behavioral healthcare at Family Care Center. The Patient
Intake Coordinator plays an integral role in assessing the
patients' needs, accurately documenting patient information and
appropriately scheduling appointments with practitioners based on
intake assessments and provider matrix.
- Handles a high volume of incoming and outgoing calls and
facilitates a positive customer/patient experience.
- Accurately documents patient or client comprehensive
demographic and health information into the electronic health
- Verifies patient eligibility, insurance benefits, out of pocket
costs and deductible requirements as well as obtains
pre-authorizations or referrals as required
- Handles scheduling of appointments based on intake assessments
and provider matrix
- Engages in outreach activities, which may include responding to
emails, follow up calls to patients, payors, military contacts and
- Provides excellent customer service including supporting
patients, families, internal and external customers.
- Meets established Patient Intake department metrics and quality
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility: None
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with
- Helps to drive "Five Star" clinic performance.
- Be in compliance with all organizational policies, the Employee
Handbook, Code of Conduct, FCC Way and required annual
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual
differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and
mission of the organization.
- Adheres to safe working practices and always follows all
organizational safety policies and procedures.
- If applicable, wears appropriate PPE as outlined by relevant
policy and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other
regulatory agency requirements.
- Ensure strict confidentiality of all medical records, PHI, and
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree in Health Administration or related field
- One year customer service or call center experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology, medical insurance or medical
billing preferred. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Work Environment and Conditions:
- Continually required to sit. Continually required to utilize
hand and finger dexterity.
- Continually required to talk or hear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the
work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move more than 15
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
Hourly Compensation: $18.00
Family Care Center offers competitive compensation and benefits
packages with the ability to also maintain work-life balance. Full
time employees are eligible for 401k, vision, dental, medical,
life, and employee wellness and discount plans.
Family Care Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or
mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other
basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the
basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Keywords: Family Care Center, Littleton , Patient Intake Coordinator, Other , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!