5G RAN Systems Engineer
Posted on: May 11, 2022
At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms,
new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America's first cloud-native 5G network to
transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential.
Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics,
AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically
original and truly unlike what anyone else can.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Working with key Engineering and Operations Teams, the successful
candidate will provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support with
RU and RAN/vRAN/ORAN technologies. Will lead the development of
operational and assurance standards guaranteeing radio access
networks meet or exceed design specifications. Will analyze service
and system issues, determine root-cause for failure and develop
corrective actions. Corrective actions can range from configuration
changes to developing new operational procedures. Will contribute
to on-going process improvement reviews using Key Performance
Indicator (KPI) metrics to eliminate errors, maximize
hardware/software efficiencies and increase service up-time leading
to an overall excellent customer experience.
- Participates in vendor engineering reviews of hardware/software
development in lab Proof of Concept environments.
- Provides lead support with Market Teams to troubleshoot/resolve
complex issues with deployed RF and RAN systems.
- Engages and escalates issues with vendors when critical/time
sensitive support and resolution is needed.
- Develops key metrics for performance monitoring and service
- Coordinates proposed changes with Certification Lab(s) for
- Will produce updated technical specifications of system changes
and provide a comprehensive plan for release.
- Ensures solutions meet key criteria for CI/CD, system
orchestration and automation.
- Works with technical writers/engineers to document final
process configurations and MOPs to support Field Operations.
- This position may provide on-call support on a rotational
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Has a passion for working on new technologies in a fast-paced
and frequently changing environment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the
organization through conventional methods (verbal and
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to
interact with technical and non-technical teams.
- This position requires working with a computer
(keyboard/mouse), telephone, and portable devices.
- This position may require 25% travel supporting Market
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Extensive understanding in 5G ORAN split functions (7-2x, RU,
DU, CU, CP, UP...)
- Extensive understanding and experience in RAN/vRAN software
architectures in a virtualized environment.
- Extensive understanding of RF Radio operations over eCPRI
interfaces. Includes CSR, DU and timing configurations.
- Extensive understanding of software systems/services running
virtualized ORAN functions.
- Understanding of latency considerations and issues from gNB to
Data Center locations.
- Understanding and experience with virtualized networks,
orchestration and automation across a large network
- Thorough understanding of vRAN/ORAN architecture described in
3GPP standards (Rel 15 & 16).
- BS or MS in Engineering or technical degree or an equivalent
combination of highly related experience and education.
- 10+ years experience in the wireless industry
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft products, Project, and
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Must be self-motivated, able to manage simultaneous events
- Able to achieve goals by working professionally with other team
Compensation: $87,500.00/Year - $125,000.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out
our benefits on our careers website .
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen,
which may include a drug test.
Keywords: DISH, Littleton , 5G RAN Systems Engineer, Other , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!