Operations Supervisor - Fairgrounds
Company: Arapahoe County
Posted on: June 6, 2021
This is a working supervisor position that schedules and
performs a variety of skilled and semi- skilled work in the
operations, maintenance, and events of the Arapahoe County
Fairgrounds Event Center and associated arenas, parking lots and
- The full salary range is listed. The anticipated hiring range
is $32.06 (minimum) to $40.08 (midpoint), dependent on candidate
- The primary work location for this position as at the
Fairgrounds Events Center, located at 25690 East Quincy Ave, Aurora
- This posting is advertised as "Continuous" and may be taken
down when a sufficient applicant pool is reached. Applications will
be considered on a rolling basis. You are encouraged to apply as
early as possible.
To learn more about the Open Spaces Department and the
Fairgrounds Event Center, check out the following:
- Open Spaces Department
- Fairgrounds Event Center
- Arapahoe County Fair
The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential
functions of the job and do not include other non essential or
marginal duties that may be required. The County reserves the right
to modify or change the duties or essential functions of the job at
- Supervises and leads staff, temporary staff, contractors, and
volunteers associate with event venue operations and facility
maintenance at the Arapahoe County Fairgrounds Event Center and
associated buildings, grounds, arenas, and parking lots.
- Supervises and mentors the assigned personnel and supports the
hiring, evaluation, training, and termination of assigned
employees. Implements staff work schedules, contractor services,
budget requests and equipment requests.
- Directly supports the implementation of client events in
cooperation with Fairground's administration staff to meet
established client satisfaction standards. Responds to client
complaints, inquiries, and event support needs.
- Prepares facilities and setups for events/meetings and
subsequent teardown on a daily/weekly basis per the event
- Maintains and implements facility maintenance schedules,
records, and documents to support maintenance and event
- Oversees and coordinates facility improvements projects and
associated project management assigned by the Fairgrounds Site
- Inspects, maintains, and operates the Event Center building
systems, restrooms, kitchens, outdoor arenas, parking lots and
adjacent grounds. Utilizes a computerized maintenance management
system to support facility operations and maintenance.
- Operates a computerized maintenance management work order
system to support tracking of staff labor, maintenance and
- Leads building systems operations (HVAC/plumbing) in
cooperation with County Facilities Department. Utilize computerized
systems to support building automation systems.
- Ensures the facility maintains compliance with established
safety standards, local building/fire codes, water district
requirements and Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Coordinates and supports the removal of debris and snow from
Event Center entrances, sidewalks, parking lots and roadways using
sweeping and snow removal equipment. Supports County level snow
removal and emergency management operations when necessary.
- Supports the operations and logistics associated with special
events occurring at the 17 Mile House Farm Park, the Fairgrounds
Event Center or through Departmental partnerships.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven ability to oversee high performing teams by establishing
clear directions; distributing workload appropriately; lays out
work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way
dialogue with team members regarding their work and associated
results; brings together staff in a team approach while bringing
out the best in people.
- Works effectively with teams/work groups (e.g. volunteers,
staff, peers, managers and County partners) to accomplish
organizational goals; taking actions that respects the needs and
contributions of others; contributing to and accepting team
consensus and decisions.
- Sets high goals or standards of performance for self, other
employees, contractors and the organization; dissatisfaction with
average performance; self-imposing standards of excellence rather
than having standards imposed by others.
- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom,
experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions
turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought
out by others for advice and solutions.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of
internal and external clients; gets first-hand client information
and uses it to make improvements to the facility and services
provided; acts with clients in mind; establishes and maintains
effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and
- Thorough technical knowledge of principles, practices and
equipment for the operations, maintenance, and improvement of
public facilities. Ability to conduct and document routine
inspections of facilities, HVAC systems and rental equipment
utilizing automated technologies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associates Degree or Technical Vocational degree.
Four (4) or more years of facility operations, maintenance, or
event management experience.
- Coordination of maintenance and operations staff work
activities is desired.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in facility management, business management,
construction management or related field.
- Certification or technical training in facility management and
HVAC/Plumbing systems from industry trade organization(s).
- Advanced experience, and training in functional areas
associated in the operations and maintenance of facilities,
operation of facility systems and event support.
- Supervisory/Lead experience with facility maintenance and event
PRE-EMPLOYMENT ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must successfully pass pre-employment testing which includes an
acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR) and background check.
- Possession of a valid Class "R" Colorado Driver's License or
the ability to obtain one within two weeks of appointment.
POST-EMPLOYMENT ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain within two (2) months
of employment, a valid First Aid/CPR certificate.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain within one (1) year of
employment a Colorado Class A Commercial Driver's License.
- Ability to obtain within one (1) year of employment, Facility
Management Professional (FMP) credentials from industry trade
organization. Focus on HVAC/plumbing systems.
- This position is deemed essential and incumbents must be
available for winter storm operations and during other emergency
conditions/events at all hours of the day or night. Supervision of
crews for large snowstorms may require longer hours based on the
severity of the storm.
- This position may require working on call, evenings, weekends,
or irregular hours.
- This position will report to 25690 East Quincy Avenue, Aurora,
CO 80016. The main office location will be the Arapahoe County
Fairgrounds and Park.
- The primary work area is on site within the Arapahoe County
Event Center and associated campus. Must be able to work in an
environment that may be either indoors or outdoors depending on
assigned tasks. Subject to exposure to dust, loud noise, livestock,
crowds, and extreme weather/temperature changes and to other
activities found in the agricultural and event industries.
- The position's work schedule will be based on the monthly
calendar of rentals and events at the Fairgrounds Event Center. The
position will have a variable schedule to include numerous
evenings, extended hours, weekends, as well as several days and/or
holidays if necessary.
The following are some of the physical demands commonly
associated with this position.
- Spends 25% of the time sitting and 75% of the time either
standing or walking.
- Occasionally lifts, carries, pulls or pushes up to 75 lbs.
- Occasionally uses cart, dolly, or other equipment to carry in
excess of 80 lbs.
- Occasionally climbs, stoops, kneels, balances, reaches, crawls
and crouches while performing office or work duties.
- Verbal and auditory capacity enabling constant interpersonal
communication through automated devices, such as telephones,
radios, and similar; and in public meetings and personal
- Constant use of eye, hand and finger coordination enabling the
use of automated office machinery or equipment.
- Visual capacity enabling constant use of computer or other
- NOTE: This position works within both an office setting and
outdoors throughout the County which may result in exposure to
extreme heat/cold, outdoor allergens, varying terrain and
Occasionally: Activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequently: Activity exists between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
Constantly: Activity exists more than 2/3 of the time.
Toll Free Applicant Technical Support: If you experience
technical difficulty with the NEOGOV system (i.e. uploading or
attaching documents to your online application), call NEOGOV
technical support at 855-524-5627. Helpful hints: if you are having
difficulty uploading or attaching documents to your application,
first, ensure your documents are PDF or Microsoft Word files, and
second, close the document before you attempt uploading (attaching)
Keywords: Arapahoe County, Littleton , Operations Supervisor - Fairgrounds, Other , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!