This posting has been re-opened and if you have already applied,
you are still being considered and will not be able to apply to
this posting again.
Our Mission: Arapahoe County Department of Human Services
(ACDHS) builds strong communities by promoting the safety,
independence and stability of individuals and families.
Our Vision:To end the cycle of poverty and prevent abuse and
neglect of children and vulnerable adults (using an integrated
ACDHS uses an integrated Two-Generation (2Gen) approach to
address all of the basic human services needs of the entire family
unit. The 2Gen approach begins with a mindset focused on
family-centered program design, continues with the alignment of
services and resources within the department as well as across
multiple organizations, resulting in coordinated services to
children and adults together (family) in order to create long term
stability and sustainability.
The2Genapproach builds well-being for families by focusing
equally and intentionally on high-quality services in five areas of
focus: early childhood education, adult education and employment
pathways, economic security, health and well-being and social
capital. This approach will help us achieve our core mission of
breaking the generational cycle of poverty, preventing neglect and
abuse and building strong communities.
The Human Services Operations Division has openings for Document
Imaging Tech - Temp positions located in both Aurora and Littleton,
Colorado. The Operations Division oversees all management of
records and information, quality assurance and compliance, and data
and security. This position is part of the Records Information
Management unit, which is in charge of the mail room, file room,
courier mail service (picks up and deliveries mail to other county
buildings), imaging and scanning of cases and much more.
The Document Imaging Technician - Temp performs a variety of
duties in the Records Information Management (RIM) Unit associated
with the maintenance and use of the Human Services physical and
electronic records in two county locations. The Document Imaging
Technician will perform all aspects of the preparation, scanning,
routing, purging and quality assurance of paperwork, while meeting
quality document management standards.
The temporary position is a non-benefited position. Hours can
vary but not to exceed 25 hours a week.
- Utilizes resources to research, investigate, and contact
necessary parties to identify documents with limited information,
in order to select the proper case.
- Completes hands on training for navigating various computer
systems; including but not limited to retrieving, prepping,
scanning, routing, indexing and purging.
- Applies trained knowledge of processes and method/routing rules
for determining the case selection for proper routing of received
- Maintains confidentiality standards when handling confidential
material for the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to effectively work independently or as a team member
to achieving common work goals and maintain effective working
relationships with peers and management.
- Ability to logically, research, organize and prioritize
workload through sound decision and judgment.
- Ability to effectively complete work in a timely manner to meet
processing timelines guidelines with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to handle and resolve conflicts, disagreements, and
handles difficult conversations in a constructive manner.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and a calm demeanor while
working in high volume, high stress, and fast paced work
environment, using effective communication in a diverse team with
different communication styles.
- Knowledge of basic office/equipment skills, numeric filing
skills, and use of software including Microsoft Office Suite
programs, such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must attend, successfully complete and pass all required
training modules and program access requirements.
Respect for Others
- Takes responsibility for own actions and also identifies and
solves problem without specific direction.
- Communicates in an open, candid, and consistent manner, while
seeking new ideas and job duty improvements.
- Explains concepts and procedures clearly and completely while
maintaining attention and interest.
- Seeks involvement from diverse perspectives and areas of the
department, county, or external partners/vendors to problem
- Utilizes logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions,
conclusions, or approaches to everyday problems while being
thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job
- Utilizes good judgment when considering costs, benefits, and
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
One (1) plus yrs office/clerical experience
(An equivalent combination of education and work experience that
satisfy the requirements of the job may be sufficient.)
This position requires successful completion of pre-employment
background and motor vehicle check and post-employment fingerprint
Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado Class "R" Driver's
Must maintain a good driving record in accordance with Arapahoe
County Risk Management Guidelines.
The salary grade listed is the full salary range for the
Document Imaging Tech - Temp position. Please note that the hiring
salary will typically be near the lower end of the pay range
Work is generally confined to a standard office environment.
The following are some of the physical demands commonly
associated with this position.
- No unusual physical demands are associated with this
- Spends 50% of the time sitting and 50% of the time either
standing or walking.
- Occasionally lifts, carries, pulls or pushes up to 75 lbs. from
ground level to waist level or higher, either on solid ground or
while balancing (ex. on ladder).
- Uses cart, dolly, or other equipment to carry in excess of 75
- Occasionally climbs, stoops, kneels, balances, reaches, crawls
and crouches while performing office or work duties.
- Verbal and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal
communication through automated devices, such as telephones,
radios, and similar; and in public meetings and personal
- Constant use of eye, hand and finger coordination enabling the
use of automated office machinery or equipment.
- Visual capacity enabling constant use of computer or other work
Occasionally: Activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequently: Activity exists between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
Constantly: Activity exists more than 2/3 of the time.
Privacy Rights 24
Privacy Rights 25
Toll Free Applicant Technical Support: If you experience
technical difficulty with the NEOGOV system (i.e. uploading or
attaching documents to your online application), call NEOGOV
technical support at 855-524-5627. Helpful hints: if you are having
difficulty uploading or attaching documents to your application,
first, ensure your documents are PDF or Microsoft Word files, and
second, close the document before you attempt uploading (attaching)