Working Location: MASSACHUSETTS, LITTLETON; MASSACHUSETTS,
Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives
and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's
lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
The SeniorCost Accountant performs all cost accounting and
closing activities related to our manufacturing operations in
Littleton and other manufacturing locations as well as co-ordinate
/ participate in the month-end close process, ensure product cost
integrity, support project accounting, Inventory Cycle counts /
controls and perform cost variance analysis.
- Develop an understanding of the manufacturing operations and
alerts respective Plant management teams to potential issues when
- Works in collaboration with the finance team members on the
month end financial closing activities for multiple Plants.
- For both Plant Locations, Coordinate and prepare the annual
budgets and quarterly forecasts both at Cost Center and total
- Review and measurement of cost reduction initiatives proposed
by the manufacturing departments.
- Maintains Standard Costs for both Plants, Work with IT in
designing and implementing changes to existing systems and/or new
- Proactively develops reporting tools reports and analyses
information enabling operational counterparts and management to
respond to potential exposures.
- Provide weekly/monthly KPI's on Productivity, Scrap, Work Order
Variances, PPV, Cycle count etc.
- Analyses cost accounting data and assists with cycle
- Maintains internal control documentation and tests internal
controls (JSOX). Support requirements from internal or external
- Prepares detailed account analysis and reconcile sales cost and
inventory liability accounts by customer type by division.
- Reviews and analysis inventory and margin reports conducts
research and performs analytical studies in regards to cost
analyses and profitability.
- Ensures timely submission accuracy and validity of inventory
gross margin schedules to management.
- Review and evaluate capital expenditure requests for proper
preparation and financial documentation.
- Track and communicate timely approval of CER and closure to
fixed asset system.
- Time/wage/benefit calculation and manual allocation by
department and project; validate Accounts Payable and Purchasing
- Reconcile monthly Oracle project accounting expenses by account
to Oracle General Ledger account balances and making necessary
manual entries as needed to balance
- Works on special projects as required.
- Assists other Finance team members as needed and as
- Other projects and duties as necessary and assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required. CPA or CMA
designation a plus
- Minimum 5years of experience in accounting with at least 3 of
those years working in cost accounting required. Experience in the
life sciences / medical Device sectors or other regulated industry
preferred Project Accounting desired.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel Outlook Word and
- Will be required to travel to Other Manufacturing at least once
- Ability to work overtime including evenings and weekends on
- Must have Strong knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards &
Principles and the ability to analyse and reconcile complex
accounts and reserves.
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in the application of
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & SOX.
- Must have prior working experience / Knowledge of Oracle and
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why
we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual
bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as
tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption
leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks - so you
can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the
medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as
well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years,
Olympus has focused on making people's lives healthier, safer and
more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease,
furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and
capturing images of the world.
Olympus' Medical business uses innovative capabilities in
medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision
manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic,
therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical
outcomes, reduce overall costs, and enhance the quality of life for
patients. Olympus' Medical portfolio includes endoscopes,
laparoscopes, and video imaging systems, as well as surgical energy
devices, system integration solutions, medical services, and a wide
range of endotherapy instruments for endoscopic and therapeutic
applications. For more information, visit
OlympusTrue To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and
advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without
regard to race, color, national origin (including language use
restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress
and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth
and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental)
and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran
status or service in the uniformed services, and any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Massachusetts (US-MA) ||