DISH Wireless is building a next-gen 5G network to disrupt the
wireless industry and fuel innovation in transportation, health
care, education, sustainability, city management, and
We're driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win
- and we're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence,
and an overwhelming need to achieve. Join us as we embark on our
greatest adventure of all.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH Wireless.
DISH is looking for a Lead OSS Engineer to drive the
architecture and implementation of OSS/BSS for DISH's stand-alone
5G network. The candidate for this role will be expected to provide
technical leadership in defining the framework for the OSS systems
to meet DISH's performance goals for its 5G network. The ideal
candidate will have in-depth experience with OSS concepts and
hands-on experience with operator OSS solutions for 3G/4G networks.
The candidate must also be well-versed in the 5G OSS framework and
how it differs from the legacy implementations. The candidate will
provide technical leadership and input for DISH's OSS
implementation, evaluate the viability of available solutions based
on DISH's requirements and use-cases, and ensure that DISH is able
to meet its goals for performance, capability, scalability, cost in
the OSS domain.
The role requires providing technical leadership and guidance to
the team, vendor management, and ability to effectively communicate
with executive level personnel.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Lead the technical assessment of specific technical solutions
proposed by vendors.
- Responsible for verifying and implementing the detailed
technical design solution for DISH's 5G OSS.
- Lead the integration & testing of 5G E2E OSS in the lab.
- Lead the deployment and integration of the 5G E2E OSS in
- Interface with IT to ensure required OSS/BSS integration points
are identified and addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Define the 5G OSS technical roadmap.
- Participate in 5G OSS standards bodies to represent and drive
adoption of DISH's requirements.
- Provide input to the company strategy moving forward.
- Provide regular executive updates to DISH's leadership about
status, risks, and mitigation for DISH's 5G OSS.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to the team.
The successful Engineer will have:
- Experience of solving end-to-end design challenges that have
significant interaction between multiple systems and domains
- Demonstrable experience and/or expert knowledge of two or more
of the following:
- 3G/4G Mobile Packet Core architecture
- 3G/4G OSS architecture
- 3G Circuit Switched Core architecture
- 4G Voice Architecture (IMS)
- Mobile Service Control architecture
- Internet architecture including IP Networks, IP routing and IP
- Experience in 2 or more of the following work areas:
architecture, design, test and operations
- Experience with the specification and design of Network and
Customer Provisioning, Operations, and Diagnostics architecture and
systems (understanding of 5G is a big plus)
- Experience with deployment of OSS and Network and Customer
Provisioning, Operations, and Diagnostics systems through the
delivery lifecycle from initial design to full
- Working knowledge of IP networks, preferably with experience
with the prime IP vendor equipment.
- Detailed level understanding of architectural dependencies of
technologies in use in the IT environment, as it relates to OSS
design and implementation
- Able to communicate with internal and external senior
- Ability to work in a multi- technology environment with the
ability to diagnose complex technical problems to their root
- Understanding of Telecommunications networks and
telecommunications service modelling
- Proven experience in OSS/BSS solutions either working for
Operators or OSS/vendors
- TM Forum certification are a plus
- Real world experience in implementing service orchestration
solutions for the core and edge networks
- Ability to motivate small to medium sized teams
- Vendor management skills and experience
- Project lifecycle understanding
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good practical skills in troubleshooting and fault
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- 10+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Science
or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study;
Compensation: $164,000.00/Yr. - $242,000.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check
out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a
pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.