Posted on: September 15, 2023
Grow your career with a growing organization
Whether they're helping people reach their long-term financial
goals or providing personal wealth management strategies, every
associate contributes to changing the lives of those we serve for
the better. When it comes to job satisfaction, that's hard to beat.
And from a personal satisfaction perspective, you'll enjoy the
freedom to support causes that matter to you and experience a truly
inclusive work environment. Your future starts now.
What you will do
- Help define and execute on the business aligned data strategy
- Develop, document, and provide input into the technology
roadmap for Empower.
- Create Reference Architectures that demonstrate an
understanding of significant components and the relationships
- Maintain a high level of skill in various application
deployment and workload architectures, such as
Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and
- Connect data strategy to integration protocols and
technologies, such as REST & resource-oriented design, OData and
- Design and modernize complex data architectures into cloud
compatible or cloud native data solutions where applicable. Create
strategies and designs for migrating data to cloud systems.
- Participate in the evaluation of new technologies, integration
options, challenge the status quo, create solid business cases, and
influence direction while establishing partnerships with key
- Implement best practices, standards & guidance, then
subsequently provide coaching of technology team members.
- Make leadership recommendations regarding strategic
architectural considerations related to data design and
- Provide strong leadership and direction in
- Collaborate with other business and technology teams on
architecture and design issues.
- Respond to evolving and changing security conditions. Implement
and recommend security guidelines.
- Provide thought-leadership, advocacy, articulation, assurance
and maintenance of the Enterprise Architecture discipline. What you
- Technical bachelor's degree (e.g. computer science, IS,
engineering, math, etc.) or a non-technical bachelor's degree (e.g.
Business) What will set you apart
- 5+ years of experience in the development and delivery of
- 3+ years of experience creating solution architectures and
strategies across multiple architecture domains (business,
application, data, integration, infrastructure and security).
- Solid experience with three or more of the following technology
disciplines: SOA & Microservices design, Cloud Architectures, Big
Data/Advanced Analytics, Data Warehouse systems, Advanced
Programming, Modern Integration Methods (API Gateway/Web Services,
Messaging & RESTful architectures), NoSQL, Client-side Development
(e.g. Web and/or Mobile).
- Expertise in addressing architectural cross cutting concerns
and their tradeoffs, including topics such as caching, monitoring,
operational surround, high availability, security, etc.
- Demonstrates competency applying architecture frameworks and
- Strong knowledge of data modeling, security patterns and
- Experience with DevOps processes and tools.
- Understanding of business process analysis and business process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates continuous learning of new technologies.
- Self-motivated individual that thrives in a team
- Financial industry expertise preferred (Investments, Asset
Management, etc.). What we offer you
We offer an array of diverse and inclusive benefits regardless of
where you are in your career. We believe that providing our
employees with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in
the best possible work performance.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings - 401(k) plan with generous company matching
contributions (up to 6%), financial advisory services, potential
company discretionary contribution, and a broad investment
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Business-casual environment that includes the option to wear
- Generous paid time off upon hire - including a paid time off
program plus ten paid company holidays and three floating holidays
each calendar year
- Paid volunteer time - 16 hours per calendar year
- Leave of absence programs - including paid parental leave, paid
short- and long-term disability, and Family and Medical Leave
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - internal networks that rally
around common interest, experiences and identities such as race,
ethnicity, gender, ability, military status and sexual orientation.
BRGs play a vital role in educating and engaging our people and
advancing our business priorities.
Base Salary Range
$112,800.00 - $163,575.00
The salary range above shows the typical minimum to maximum base
salary range for this position in the location listed. Non-sales
positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program.
Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some
instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed
base salary depending on individual performance. Actual
compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon
geographic location, work experience, education, licensure
requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time
Equal opportunity employer --- Drug-free workplace
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to
diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics,
are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over),
race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status,
pregnancy, religion, physical or mental disability, military or
veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected
by applicable state or local law.
For remote and hybrid positions you will be required to provide
reliable high-speed internet with a wired connection as well as a
place in your home to work with limited disruption. You must have
reliable connectivity from an internet service provider that is
fiber, cable or DSL internet. Other necessary computer equipment,
will be provided. You may be required to work in the office if you
do not have an adequate home work environment and the required
Want the latest money news and views shaping how we live, work and
play? Sign up for Empower's free newsletter and check out The
Keywords: Empower, Littleton , Technical Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!