Senior IT Engineer
Posted on: September 18, 2022
This position is eligible to work in a hybrid work model
(combination of in-office and remote days).
Responsible for the security architecture and engineering
activities for Charter s innovative network services, such a 5G,
Mobile and Wi-Fi infrastructures and Customer Premises Equipment
(CPE). This position will work closely with network and wireless
engineering and technical operations staff on the operation and
implementation of existing and new security technologies and tools
to improve service delivery. They will continue to evaluate new
architectures and develop new operational countermeasures and their
deployment. Serve as the network security expert for Charter and
represent Charter on industry and governmental committees,
standards bodies, and conferences.
DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Design and implement the security architecture for Charter s
network infrastructures for Wi-Fi, 5G, Mobile and Customer Premises
- Perform ongoing risk assessments and develop recommendations
for tools, technologies and processes Charter s network.
- Perform technology evaluations and develop recommendations on
network security solutions.
- Develop network security standards for Charter and industry
related standards bodies and organizations.
- Provide security consultation on critical business projects
that may interact with Charter s network an customer equipment
- Technical lead and consultant to Charter s Security Operations
Center on any network related security event and incident
- Reviews work plans and designs and advises on improvements
based on security requirements.
- Ensures compliance with security standards, policies and
- Adhere to industry specific local, state, and federal
regulations, as applicable.
- Mentors and guides the work of senior technical security
staff.BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or
related field and/or related work experience.
- Minimum twelve (12) years of experience in IT/cloud/network
- Minimum of ten (10) years engineering work experience.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience cyber security
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in network
security.ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to
communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the
phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward,
and professional manner
- Knowledge of network and system security vulnerabilities and
exploits. Must understand what is required to prevent security
exploits, how to detect security attacks and anomalies, reverse
engineering and how to respond to security incidents and
- Understanding of related industry specifications and standards
NIST, OWASP, CSRIC, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention,
DNS, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and
- Expert in network and wireless security design, architecture,
- Must have demonstrated experience in managing information
security events and incidents for large carrier grade network.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with the ability to work
across functional boundaries, build consensus and drive
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, as
well as good presentation skills.
- Must be able to problem solve, balance competing priorities,
have a strong process orientation and be able to manage through
complexity and rapid change.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have one or more of the following certifications:
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), SANS
Global Information Assurance Certification, such as GCIH, GCIA,
- Must have industry and vendor specific certifications and
training (Cisco, Juniper, Nokia, Ericsson).
- Knowledge of WiFi,Wirless,5G/6G and CPE. ESE700-APO BR
Here, employees don t just have jobs, they build careers. That s
why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package
that rewards employees for their contributions to our success,
supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value
at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of $120,700.00 to
$213,900.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide
range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience
and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional
forms of compensation such as bonuses.
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Littleton , Senior IT Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!