Senior Software Engineer, CTS
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job SummaryResponsible for planning and designing new software
and web applications. Analyzes, tests and assists with the
integration of new applications. Oversees the documentation of all
development activity. Trains non-technical personnel. Assists with
tracking performance metrics. Integrates knowledge of business and
functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and
crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares
expertise.Job DescriptionCore Responsibilities
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and
technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration
- Designs new software and web applications, supports
applications under development and customizes current applications.
Develops software update process for existing applications. Assists
in the roll-out of software releases.
- Trains junior Software Development Engineers on internally
developed software applications.
- Oversees the researching, writing and editing of documentation
and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test
results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and
- Keeps current with technological developments within the
industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and
products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices
relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and
guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques.
Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures
team delivers software on time, to specification and within
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications
fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies,
concepts and skills and their application in the area of specified
- Displays expertise in process design and redesign skills.
Presents and defends architectural, design and technical choices to
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to be
on rotational on-call to provide production support.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Employees at all
levels are expected to:
frameworks such as Angular JS, jQuery or similar.
- Experience with backend languages like Java, Python,
- Experience implementing continuous integration and continuous
delivery (CI/CD) tools and systems.
- Experience working with any NoSQL databases like MongoDB,
DynamoDB or similar .
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.EducationBachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience7-10
YearsBase pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast
provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most
sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the on our careers site for more details. Associated
topics: application developer, architect, architecture, c/c++,
design, matlab, maven, php, senior, senior software developer
Keywords: Comcast, Littleton , Senior Software Engineer, CTS, IT / Software / Systems , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!