Communication and Engagement Partner - Arapahoe County Public Health Department
Company: Arapahoe County
Posted on: May 28, 2023
This posting has been re-opened and if you have already applied,
you are still being considered and will not be able to apply to
this posting again. The Senior Communication Business Partner, with
limited supervision, implements communication strategies and
tactics and completes activities that support business goals,
initiatives and projects for Arapahoe County Public Health (ACPH).
Responsibilities include developing outreach and engagement plans,
community relations/event coordination, and day-to-day management
of marketing, communications and public relations activities. The
position supports the Communications Manager in the area of issues
management as well as overseeing work assignments and processes or
other team members. This is a mid-career professional level job
with the Commissioners' Office and collaboratively serves Arapahoe
County Public Health with passion, integrity and expertise.
- The expected hiring range for this position is between $82,451
- $101,415 Annually, dependent on candidate qualifications.DUTIES
- Creates, implements and measures communication plans and
strategies that help meet strategic business goals, initiatives and
projects and presents plans to Communications Manager for review
- Develops and executes feedback mechanisms from citizens and key
stakeholder groups, including public outreach events, community
meetings, special events and social media tools.
- Organizes events, such as ground breakings, ribbon cuttings,
presentations and educational opportunities.
- Creates independent content for multiple communication
channels, including newsletters, websites, social media, speeches,
reports and presentations.
- Maintains department's website pages, including writing copy
and updating site using CMS tools.
- Measures and presents results of communication efforts to
department leadership and communication manager.
- Serves as primary information contact for department and
coordinates responses with appropriate staff as needed.
- Researches official documents and condenses information into
appropriate draft messaging on County and department issues.
- Maintains open and regular dialogue with assigned departments
and Communication Services staff.
- Informs the Communications Manager of public attitudes and
concerns, as well as developing issues, problems and opportunities
within the organization.
- Proactively researches and develops communication plans and
strategies that help meet strategic business goals, initiatives and
projects and works with Communication Services staff to implement
- Takes a leadership role in department communication activities,
providing strategic direction and counsel consistent with
established communication standards.
- Champions strategic direction from communications manager and
maintains the Arapahoe County brand on a local, state and national
- Anticipates department and county needs and develops plans
- Prepares written board summary reports (BSRs) or other
high-level communications for senior leadership.
- Prepares and develops budgets associated with the marketing and
communication needs of the department.
- Evaluates qualitative and quantitative data regarding current
communication activities and strategies.
- Oversees, creates and/or coordinates the development of
strategies designed to engage citizens and key stakeholder groups,
including outreach events, community meetings, special events and
- Works with assigned department to obtain critical feedback on
department policies, activities and services and develop plans to
- Provides direction and recommendations to assigned program area
on sensitive and/or high-profile issues as they relate to public
relations, media relations, crisis communications and change
management communications strategies.
- Assist Communications Manager in developing a strategic
communications plan that supports department business goals and
- Develops and maintains an editorial calendar that supports the
strategic work of assigned departments and/or programs.
- Works with the County PIO to develop media pitches and respond
to reporter inquiries.
- Helps instruct and inform home department staff on
communication topics, such as brand standards, style standards,
workflow and operations. Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Demonstrated history of progressively responsible
- High level of independent thinking and judgment is required to
identify and anticipate issues and to ensure that all communication
and information prepared and delivered is appropriate, accurate and
consistent with County standards, policies and expectations.
- Ability to work autonomously and follow-through on expected
duties in a timely fashion.
- Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills using
multiple styles and techniques, including journalism (broadcast,
print, digital), business, social media and spoken word. Strong
knowledge of Associated Press Styleguide is required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to
influence by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques
appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative and mutually respectful
relationships with representatives of community, citizens,
employees, and public interest groups.
- Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely, orally and in
writing to employees, citizen groups, stakeholder groups,
administrators and elected officials.
- Experience developing and executing strategic marketing and
communication plans, organizing a program or event and producing
collateral and other materials for training programs or public
- Collaborates with peers to find common ground to solve problems
and easily gain trust and support. Must also demonstrate ability
respect private and sensitive information about employees and
- Service oriented: Dedicated to meeting the expectations of
internal and external customers. Respond in timely and thorough
manner, prioritize needs and ensure customer satisfaction.
- A collaborative work style that is able to function effectively
under pressure in a deadline-driven environment with a positive
- Integrity: Takes personal responsibility for correcting
problems or issues, holds self to highest ethical standards,
maintains confidence and creates trusted relationships.
- Lead by example with clear direction, candid feedback, and a
communications style that results in trust and optimism.
- Exhibit sound independent judgment, a bias for action, and a
disciplined approach to the communications craft.
- Advanced theories, principles and practices of marketing,
crisis communication, advertising, public relations, brand
management and community engagement and outreach.
- Specific tools used by local government to implement integrated
marketing communication activities as well as engagement and
community relations tools.
- Strategic planning and strategic budgeting processes.
- Journalistic-style writing and English grammar, vocabulary,
spelling and punctuation, as well as advanced knowledge of
Associated Press style.
- Research and analytical tools for program and plan development
and evaluation. Behavioral Competencies (these are required for all
positions at ACG):
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in communication, mass communication,
journalism, marketing or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Any equivalent combination of education and work experience
that satisfy the requirements of the job will be considered.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Masters Degree
- Background in government experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency in oral and written
communications is highly preferred SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION
Pre-Employment Additional Requirements:
- Must successfully pass pre-employment testing which includes an
acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR), background check and
language proficiency testing. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Work is generally confined to a standard office environment.
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated
with this position.
- Spends 60% of the time sitting and 40% of the time either
standing or walking.
- Occasionally lifts, carries, pulls or pushes up to 20 lbs.
- Occasionally uses cart, dolly, or other equipment to carry in
excess of 20 lbs.
- Occasionally climbs, stoops, kneels, balances, reaches, crawls
and crouches while performing office or work duties.
- Verbal and auditory capacity enabling constant interpersonal
communication through automated devices, such as telephones,
radios, and similar; and in public meetings and personal
- Constant use of eye, hand and finger coordination enabling the
use of automated office machinery or equipment.
- Visual capacity enabling constant use of computer or other
work-related equipment. Definitions:
Occasionally: Activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequently: Activity exists between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
Constantly: Activity exists more than 2/3 of the time.
Toll Free Applicant Technical Support: If you experience technical
difficulty with the NEOGOV system (i.e. uploading or attaching
documents to your online application) . click apply for full job
Keywords: Arapahoe County, Littleton , Communication and Engagement Partner - Arapahoe County Public Health Department, Healthcare , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...