Certified Medical Assistant
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Helps patients by providing clinical and business office assistance
in the offices and clinics of health care providers, such as,
physicians, podiatrists, chiropractors, and optometrists.
* Welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the
telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
* Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or
accompanying them to the examining room; providing examination
gowns and drapes; helping them to position themselves for the
examination and/or treatment; arranging examining room instruments,
supplies, and equipment.
* Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing
and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming
purpose of visit or treatment.
* Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers
during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; performing
basic laboratory tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated
supplies; sterilizing medical instruments; administering
medications on the premises; authorizing drug refills as directed;
telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies; drawing blood; preparing
patients for x-rays; taking electrocardiograms; removing sutures;
* Educates patients by providing medication and diet information
and instructions; answering questions.
* Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment,
and test results.
* Generates revenues by recording billing information of services
rendered; completing insurance forms; responding to insurance and
other third-party inquiries.
* Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders;
* Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions;
troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing
preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by
following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with
* Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping
patient care information confidential.
* Serves and protects the physician or health care provider
practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and
procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint
Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining
personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances health care practice reputation by accepting ownership
for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring
opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Clinical Skills, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Health
Promotion and Maintenance, Hospital Environment, Procedural Skills,
Documentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Inventory Control,
Planning, Dependability, Medical Teamwork
Keywords: southpark, Littleton , Certified Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!