RN OR Circulator FT South Denver Surgery Center
Company: United Surgical Partners International Inc
Posted on: January 12, 2022
- $5k Sign On Bonus**
USPI South Denver Surgery Center is seeking a motivated RN OR
Circulator to join our team. South Denver Surgery Centerat is a
fast-paced, multi-specialty Surgery Center committed to producing
the highest quality work and experience for patients and their
Job Summary: Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates care for all
age patients in operating room. Provides care within nursing
standards of practice and the policies of the Center. Makes
decisions regarding direct patient care needs and communicates
appropriate information to physicians, patients, family members,
and personnel in other departments as well as team members. May
have additional responsibilities as designated by the Nurse Manager
of the Operating Room and/or Director of Nursing, which include,
but are not limited to, serving on committees, participating in
quality improvement audits and projects.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following.
Other duties may be assigned:
- Assess patients at intervals as stated in policies and
- Develop an individualized perioperative plan of care.
- Implement the plan of care.
- Protect patient from injury caused by chemical, electrical,
laser, positioning, thermal sources, and extraneous objects.
- Perform count procedures to protect patient from unintended
retained foreign objects.
- Perform interventions necessary to ensure patients procedure is
performed on the correct site, side, and level.
- Manage patients specimen(s) in the appropriate manner.
- Communicate patients current status throughout the continuum of
- Administer medication(s) appropriately.
- Perform interventions to maintain patient's wound and tissue
perfusion at or above baseline levels.
- Perform interventions to maintain the status of the patients
genitourinary, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, endocrine,
respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological systems, and fluid,
electrolyte, and acid-base balances at or above baseline
- Perform interventions to ensure the patient is at or returned
to normothermia at the conclusion of the immediate postoperative
- Perform interventions to protect patient from infection.
- Assess knowledge level of patient or designated support person
and provide education regarding the expected psychosocial response,
nutritional management, medication management, pain management,
wound management, and expected responses to the operative or
- Actively involve patient or designated support person in
decisions affecting his or her perioperative plan of care and the
- Protect patients rights, dignity, and privacy.
- Provide culturally competent, age-appropriate, ethical care
within legal standards of practice.
- Provide consistent and comparable care regardless of the
- Evaluate the patients progress toward attaining outcomes.
- Transfer care as appropriate.
- Delegate tasks as appropriate according to the state Nurse
Practice Act and job descriptions.
- Document nursing care.
- Collaborate effectively with other disciplines as
- Participate in quality review and performance improvement
- Participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster
effective work relationships with team members.
- Maintain required competencies.
- Attend required meetings and educational sessions.
- Act as a patient advocate and maintain privacy of all
Salary Range: $30-$50
Qualifications: Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
Currently licensed in the state of Colorado. CPR required, advanced
life support certification required. One year experience required
intra-operative setting. Demonstrates clinical competency,
leadership, and teaching capabilities. Physically and emotionally
capable of performing responsibilities of position. Previous
experience in Orthopedic and Spine preferred.
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
Keywords: United Surgical Partners International Inc, Littleton , RN OR Circulator FT South Denver Surgery Center, Healthcare , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!