Category Sourcing Manager
Posted on: August 20, 2019
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own,
manage and develop high-quality properties in the world's most
vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet
in 19 countries. Some of the world's largest brands (e.g., Amazon,
BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient
supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic
relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As
the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100
Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global
footprint seriously.Job Title:Category Sourcing ManagerCompany:
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
As a Category Sourcing Manager, you will partner with key
stakeholders, internally and externally, to create more value for
Prologis by leveraging the Company's global scale to drive down
costs and create new streams of revenue by negotiating favorable
arrangements for an assigned set of categories.
What's needed in order to do that:
- Develop a deep understanding of the category including
structure of the supply chain, cost drivers, key players in the
supply marketplace and their go-to-market operating models, and
where opportunities exist for Prologis gain market advantage
through structured deals and generate new or improved revenue
- Stay abreast of marketplace trends including key cost drivers,
sources of supply, supplier health, supply chain risks
(geo-political, environmental, financial, regulatory, etc.),
currency fluctuations, sustainability and social responsibility
requirements, and alternative products and suppliers. Conduct
supply market analyses using best practice models (SWOT, Porter's 5
Forces, etc.) to understand leverage opportunities, price movement,
and potential risks.
- Drive the execution of multiple sourcing projects by
identifying customer and operational needs; developing and
communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and
obstacles that impact performance; identifying performance
standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance
accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating
adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Establish and/or improve buying programs with strategic
suppliers for assigned categories to aggregate and leverage buying
power, narrow and standardize items and suppliers, improve service
levels and accountability, and increase compliance to
- Own all aspects required to leverage the company's buying power
to strategically source and contract assigned spend categories
including spend analysis, opportunity prioritization, RFx /
sourcing event planning and execution, contract structuring and
management, supplier relationship and performance management, and
benefits tracking and reporting.
- Understand the needs of stakeholders (internal and external),
jointly develop clear requirements, set and manage proper
expectations, and offer and ask for help as needed. Fosters and
practice win-win relationships with both internal and external
parties. Always represent the company in a positive manner both
internally and externally.
- Contribute to shaping the direction, success, and reputation of
Procurement and creating a culture of spend management within the
- Optimize procurement processes to achieve maximum efficiency to
accelerate time to market, increase the quality of outcomes, and
reduce overall costs.
- Promote, practice, and support company policies, procedures,
mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Travel as needed (10%-20% domestically and internationally) to
meet business objectives.
Tell us if you're ready.
- 5+ years of sourcing and procurement experience including
supplier selection, negotiations, contracting, supplier management,
program development, and stakeholder management.
- Proven success reducing TCO (total cost of ownership), reducing
risks, improving service levels, and achieving supplier-driven
innovation for key spend categories.
- Experience managing stakeholders at all levels, both internally
and externally, and successfully achieving tangible results in a
cross-functional, and geographically dispersed, working
- Demonstrated success managing and raising the performance of
key suppliers while reducing the number of overall suppliers.
- Leading project teams and managing the activities of others
with no organizational tie to Procurement, with multiple successful
- Experience in leading process streamlining efforts. Ideally
experience in Lean principles.
- Excellent communication - facilitation, listening, negotiation,
presentation, speaking & writing
- Strong decision-making skills; including the ability to make
timely decisions that reflect a good mixture of analysis,
experience, judgment & prudence
- Problem solving - strong analytical skills and
- Influencing abilities and strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated skills in effectively translating business needs,
prioritizing goals and achieving outcomes across one or more
- Confidence in communicating to and interacting with senior
- Strong professionalism - calm, dependable, positive attitude
- Goal oriented with ability to manage multiple priorities from
inception to conclusion
- Minimum of a bachelor degree (supply chain or business
- MBA desired
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the
enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive,
courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and
departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals
take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of
the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career.
Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees
advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of
what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most
important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a
generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on
quality management and leadership development. People come first
here.All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of
drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Employment
Type:Full timeLocation:Denver, ColoradoAdditional Locations:
Keywords: Prologis, Littleton , Category Sourcing Manager, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!