Case Manager - ACT
Company: AllHealth Network
Posted on: January 26, 2023
To promote efficient coordination of client care through
collaborative practice and ongoing case management to improve care
delivery and health outcomes.Our Forensic Assertive Community
Treatment (ACT) team is seeking an experienced Case Manager to
assist clients with complex issues and link clients with mental
health resources. Clients are justice involved. This is a full-time
position in Littleton, CO supporting clients in the community,
Mon-Fri, 8-5.ACT is an evidence-based practice, interdisciplinary
team-based approach to the provision of treatment for individuals
with severe mental illness and often co-occurring substance use
disorders. Therapeutic interventions focus on promoting symptom
stability, increasing coping skills, social skill development and
community integration. Services include wraparound care navigation
to assist individuals with connection to community resources,
skills training to help increase independent living, coordination
of care with relevant supports, individual and family therapy,
substance use counseling, medication management, psychoeducation,
peer support, and vocational services.Goals and Objectives:
- Meet performance expectations for the job role.
- Maintain an active caseload of clients as determined by
- Provide and document clinical care interventions to meet
regulatory standards and/or contractual requirements.
- Improve client satisfaction and related health outcomes through
delivery of person-centered treatment planning and collaborative
- Promote positive culture of collaboration within AllHealth
Network.Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely and collaborate within a team-based model to
ensure effective and efficient delivery of care coordination and
case management services. Includes telephonic and face-to-face
contact; travel as required for hospital, provider offices,
community-based organizations and/or home visits; partnering with
other ACT team staff.
- Motivate clients to participate in the program by establishing
a therapeutic relationship.
- Maintain a caseload of clients in accordance with department
policy, to gain optimal functioning and sustain improvements in
- Complete comprehensive assessments that collect in-depth
information about a client's unique situation and functioning in
order to identify their individual needs. Information gathered
should include, but not limited to; medical, psychosocial and
- Develop and implement care plans using a multidisciplinary
process that address client identified needs.
- Assist clients in identifying recovery goals and coordinating
services and providers to meet those goals. Utilize professional
judgment and critical thinking to assist the client in overcoming
barriers to goal achievement. Modify care plan as
- Act as a client advocate and a liaison between internal and
external providers, community resources and criminal justice
partners to seamlessly integrate and coordinate services.
- Provide clinical and coaching services that are consistent with
the client's readiness to change and client engagement.
Interventions may include, but are not limited to: motivational
interviewing to facilitate health behavior change, cognitive
behavioral strategies, skills-based training, and self-management
- Make referrals to community based organizations and resources
that are consistent with the identified needs in the plan of care
and/or by the client.
- Positively contribute to the financial health of the
organization by ensuring delivery of billable services and
utilizing, monitoring and collecting data for decision making and
- Maintain a positive, ethical, and professional working
relationship with community, government agencies, and other
- Participate and contribute to departmental meetings, team
huddles, rounds, supervision and other meetings, as needed, to
ensure cohesive department operations.
- Enhance professional growth and development through
participation in specialized training.
- Perform case management services consistent with ethical and
professional standards established by CMSA and disciplines
pertinent to the employee.
- Follow all AllHealth Network policies and procedures.
- Complete all required trainings as listed in Relias Learning
(both online training and face-to-face training) within required
- Perform other duties as required within the scope of the
position and the experience, education and ability of the
- Bachelors degree in a related clinical field such as Social
Work, Clinical Psychology, or Counseling.
- Minimum of 2 years of related clinical practice experience with
diverse populations in a physical and/or behavioral health setting
or criminal justice setting.
- Experience in case management, care coordination, and/or
community health required.Skills/Knowledge:
- Demonstrated ability for assessment, evaluation, and
interpretation of behavioral health information, and care
- Knowledge of and familiarity with case management concepts,
principles and strategies.
- Possess a high level of understanding of community resources,
treatment options, funding options and special programs.
- Ability to operate PC-based software programs including
proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint and other computer based
- Advanced written and oral communication, decision making and
problem solving skills, efficient time management with
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work
independently and as part of a team; collaborating with other
internal and external teams.*********Must possess own
transportation, have a good driving record, a valid driver's
license, and proof of insurance.Hourly Rate: $22 - $24.01 an
hourThe base salary range represents the low and high end of the
AllHealth Network salary range for this position. Actual salaries
will vary and may be above or below the range based on various
factors including but not limited to experience, education,
training, merit, and the ability to embody the AllHealth Network
mission and values. The range listed is just one component of
AllHealth Networks' total compensation package for employees. Other
rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives as well as
a generous benefits package detailed below.Benefits & Perks for
Employees Working 30 hours or more:First, you would be joining on
of Denver's Top Places to Work! We are honored to receive this
amazing designation and we know it is recognition from our engaged
staff who believe they are taken care of, listened to, and believe
they are part of something bigger.Our facility is approved by the
Colorado Health Service Corps (CHSC), and we offer our employees
the opportunity to participate in our Loan Repayment Program.
Additionally, we provide a comprehensive compensation and benefits
package which includes:
- Positive, collaborative team culture
- Competitive compensation structure
- Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Basic Life and AD&D
Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Flexible
- Retirement Savings 401k, company match up to 50% of the first
- Excellent Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays Off
- Additional Benefits
AllHealth Network is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: AllHealth Network, Littleton , Case Manager - ACT, Executive , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!