Marketing Manager - Social Media & Content - Year Round
Company: Winter Park Resort
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Please note, this position is located at Winter Park Resort in
Winter Park, CO.
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW: Who We Are:At just 67 miles away,
Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver.
Dont be fooled by our convenient location, though youll feel
remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies.
With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is
home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered
Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to
work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we
have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you! Who We
Are Looking For:Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers,
adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new
experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure
that will keep you coming back for more.Whether you are looking to
have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build
a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to
play... Are you in? Perks & Benefits:Theres more than a free season
pass waiting for you! You dont just get a job at Winter Park, you
get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, youll
enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our
year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all
fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted
equipment rentals, and plenty of opportunities for growth,
advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are
provided! POSITION SUMMARY: The Manager or Associate Manager (DOE)
is responsible for driving resort visits, revenue, and brand
awareness and preference through engaging content across our blog,
organic and paid social media channels, and supporting written
content needs across other digital channels such as the This role
is responsible for owning and developing our brand voice across all
digital touchpoints. They will use owned and paid channels to bring
our personality and mission to life in social captions, blog posts,
and short or long-form copy on the website, email, advertising, and
other channels. This includes identifying and creating key
messaging used in marketing campaigns for Lodging, Activities, Food
and Beverage, Ski and Ride School, Paid Ticket, and Pass Products,
in addition to others. This role will own and execute our content
marketing strategies for Winter Park Resorts' social channels and
blog, in addition to other sub-brands like Trestle. They will use
those strategies to drive brand affinity and engagement, compel
consumers to experience Winter Park, drive incremental visits to
the resort and drive core business revenue. This role will be a key
partner with Business Unit stakeholders to help drive results. They
will work with the Marketing Associate Manager to develop holistic
marketing plans to meet KPIs with paid social and will work with
the Creative and Content Manager and Digital Content Coordinator to
create engaging and high-performing paid social ads. This role will
provide regular reporting for content performance and develop
testing strategies for content to ensure continued engagement and
growth across digital channels. They will be responsible for
noticing trends across channels and the industry to ensure
marketing efforts stay relevant and captivating. This role will
report to the Creative & Content Marketing Manager who oversees all
content marketing for organic and paid channels including written
content and photo/video production. This role will also have one
direct report, the Digital Content Coordinator, and will be
responsible for managing their day-to-day workload and professional
development. This role will be primarily responsible for written
content and will not be required to shoot photos and videos. The
Social Media and Content Associate Manager is expected to approach
their role with a data-driven mindset, have a strong sense of
business acumen, and apply creative problem-solving to marketing
challenges. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Brand Voice and Copy Writing
- Own and evolve our brand voice across public-facing channels
(owned and paid social, blog, website, email, and third-party
sites) to create a consistent brand presence.
- Work within and adapt writing style to brand standards for
voice, tone, and personality
- Assist with copywriting for marketing materials as needed for
web, email, and other channels needed.
- Can write long-form and short-form copy for traditional and
digital media including video, radio, print, brochures, email,
social, and websites.
- Content campaigns
- Work across the marketing team to establish key product
messaging and create holistic marketing plans.
- Work with resort business units to promote revenue-driving
activities and other needs.
- Can interpret a project/creative brief and create marketing
materials that are on strategy and adhere to all mandatories.
- Blog content and strategy
- Lead blog strategy to drive brand affinity and engagement,
compel consumers to experience Winter Park, drive incremental
visits to the resort and drive ancillary resort business
- Manage blog to be a relevant and compelling key marketing
- Ensure brand and accurate content, and overall blog
- Promote blog content across digital channels
- Social media
- Lead organic social media marketing strategy for Winter Park
Resort and Trestle Bike Park across all channels including
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, YouTube, and Pinterest.
- Create content and posts that promote Winter Parks experience
holistically, while adhering to brand guidelines
- Work with operations and PR to address news, updates, concerns,
and timely information, while balancing promotional posts
- Analytics reporting and optimization of social media
- Paid media and analytics
- Work with Creative and Content Manager to select creative for
paid social media campaigns, provide insights from prior campaigns
and industry trends, and write copy for paid social ads.
- Manage in-house paid social media budget and work with the
Marketing Associate Manager to establish an effective and
informative testing strategy.
- Understand and consider industry and channel trends, while
working with Alterra Mountain Company's social team to provide
recommendations for expanding the brand within digital channels and
- Deliver regular reports around social content performance, blog
views, digital marketing channel integration, and more, based on
relevant KPIs and brand SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Must be detail-oriented and have a strong sense of
accountability and ownership over their work.
- Strong written skills with an understanding of brand voice and
adapting voice to different audiences.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision and act as a
problem solver, creative thinker, and self-starter.
- Proven ability to manage and develop talent.
- Must maintain a sense of curiosity and foster a department
culture of innovation, collaboration, and accountability and be
successful in experiential hospitality and promotionally driven,
fast-paced, metrics-oriented company. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-7 years of related experience in social media, content, or
- Experience in hospitality, travel, or experiential brand
- At least 1 year of management experience is strongly preferred.
WAGE: The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high
end of Winter Park Resorts' hourly pay range for this position.
Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on
various factors including but not limited to experience, education,
training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of
production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel.
The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts'
total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include
many region-specific benefits. Salary Range: $50,000 - $67,000/year
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum
of 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile
devices, and basic office equipment constantly.
- Ability to work for extended periods sitting, bending,
reaching, and speaking constantly.
- Ability to work for extended periods standing, walking,
kneeling, pushing, and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Indoor/Outdoor: This job is primarily inside,
but may require some on-mountain work from time to time. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to
harsh and varying outside weather conditions. Hazardous
Materials/Noise: The noise level in the workplace is usually
moderate. Travel Requirements: Minimal travel required and only in
the local area. Hours: This position may be required to work
evenings, weekends, and holidays. OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED: This
position description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution
of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may
change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During
these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and
willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer
others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of
Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation
of the resort and its associated lines of business. AN EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment
opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.We
do not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age,
race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status
protected by state or local law.Winter Park Resort will make
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to
Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment,
including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline,
termination, and access to benefits and training.This job
description in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this
document does not create an employment contract, implied or
otherwise, other than an at-will relationship.Required
Keywords: Winter Park Resort, Littleton , Marketing Manager - Social Media & Content - Year Round, Executive , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!