Lodging Maintenance Technician - Year Round
Company: Winter Park Resort
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Please note, this position is located at Winter Park Resort in
Winter Park, CO.
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW: WHO WE ARE: At just 67 miles away,
Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver.
Dont be fooled by our convenient location, though youll feel
remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies.
With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is
home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered
Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to
work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we
have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you! WHO WE
ARE LOOKING FOR: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers,
adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new
experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure
that will keep you coming back for more.Whether you are looking to
have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build
a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to
play... Are you in? PERKS & BENEFITS: Theres more than a free
season pass waiting for you! You dont just get a job at Winter
Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our
team, youll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are
available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all
fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted
equipment rentals, and plenty of opportunities for growth,
advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are
provided! POSITION SUMMARY: Maintenance Technicians work as an
integral part of the larger Winter Park Resort Lodging (WPRL)
Divisions team. The WPRL comprises the following departments: Front
Desk; Housekeeping; Laundry; Condo Maintenance; Owner Relations;
HOA Management; Commercial Management; Village Company, and the
Vintage Hotel. The Division is responsible for the property
management of nearly 600 condos/hotel rooms (constructed between
1986 and 2009), approximately 270 of which participate
in the WPRL short-term rental program. We are charged with assuring
the safe, efficient, fiscally-responsible, and high-quality
operation of this significant physical plant (from the largest
building infrastructure systems through to in-condo appliances
and minor repairs) 24 hours a day/365 days per year. The
Maintenance Tech is very much considered a Front Of House role with
regular service interaction required between the Tech and our
guests, homeowners, internal partners, and other stakeholders.
Expeditiously and effectively responding to guest/owner calls for
maintenance assistance forms one of the most critical functions of
this role. Additionally, completing daily/weekly/monthly/annual
routine and preventative maintenance tasks and taking on
specialized project work rounds out the rest of this role.
Maintenance Techs will typically have a home property as their
base, however, the Techs can expect to be assigned to tasks and
projects in every property at different times depending on business
needs. ESSENTIAL DUTIES: RESPOND TO GUEST/OWNER/INTERNAL
- Efficiently respond to all maintenance calls dispatched either
the via HotSOS work order
system, over the Lodging Division radio system, in person, or via
phone. Complete basic
maintenance tasks to the highest degree of quality.
- Use all established protocols for approaching, announcing, and
entering any condo
(whether believed to be vacant or occupied) every time.
- Use all established protocols when working inside any condo
whether occupied or not.
- Leave work location (whether a condo, common area, maintenance
shops, employee area, or administrative area) in pristine condition
following project completion.
- Display professionalism, proficiency, and guest-centric
demeanor when interacting with
guests, homeowners, and peers at all times.
- Escalate issues that the Maintenance Tech is not able to
effectively address to Foreman or
- Report on completion (or delay if a further issue is
discovered) immediately via the use of
HotSOS or other communications tools as directed.
- Immediately report any safety concerns, injuries, or guest
service challenges encountered
during any dispatched call.
- Accurately diagnose more complex maintenance issues including
in-unit problems, and building
systems problems. Can trouble-shoot larger issues (multiple units,
and provide a timely and succinct update to all stakeholders.
- Able to complete basic-to-intermediate plumbing, electric,
repairs without supervision when dispatched on maintenance
- Has achieved proficiency levels in the above items which would
enable Tech II to
provide basic training and project oversight to other team members.
PERFORM ROUTINE AND PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE TASKS
- Follow all established protocols and deadlines for conducting
routine and preventative
maintenance communicated either via HotSOS work orders and/or as
- Includes but is not limited to:
- Opening/closing of hot tubs and swimming pools (including
temperature check and reviewing equipment function).
- Taking readings and accurately documenting key building systems
boiler pressure; domestic hot water temperature; heating system
glycol levels, etc.
- Exchanging air filters
- Perform trash removal (includes compactors, hand-hauling, and
using skid-steer). Clean and deodorize trash rooms, compactors, and
- Monitor Metasys system, use as a diagnosis tool, respond to any
issues with building
systems where sub-par performance is indicated.
- Complete work documented in annual room surveys (annual
inspection and repairs) in
units participating in the short-term occupancy rental program.
Perform staining/oiling of outdoor
- Perform more complex tasks emanating from the annual room
surveys process which are
beyond skills level of Tech I.
- Perform actual room surveys, inspect the unit for designated
issues, and document such issues.
- Perform spring project tasks on behalf of the HOA including
painting, general repair in
- Perform annual/bi-annual deep-clean of pools/hot-tubs.
- Assist peer departments with basic maintenance services (e.g.
repair, light bulb replacement in office areas, furniture
- Able to complete basic-to-intermediate plumbing, electric,
repairs without supervision when requested by peer
- Emergency Response
- Act immediately when notified by the Front Desk or Security of
any alarms being activated in
any properties either inside condos or in common areas. Quickly
identify if the issue needs to
be escalated for a full emergency response or whether official
emergency responders can be
- In cases of an actual emergency, assist with building
evacuation following all established
- Act immediately and contact supervisors if any building
infrastructure systems go into
trouble or alarm status.
- Respond immediately, calmly, and professionally in cases of
guests being stuck in
- Assist with diagnoses/locations of the root cause of emergency
alerts (if it is a system fault
e.g. faulty smoke detector head) and work to rectify while ensuring
Front Desk and
management is kept informed.
- Access Control/Security
- Follow all established procedures for entering condos and
commercial properties to
protect guest/owner privacy.
- Respond to all lock/key card guest calls as a priority. Follow
all established protocols for
confirming guest, owner, or tenant identities before allowing
access into any condo or
- Ensure all mechanical rooms, electrical rooms, areas containing
tools and equipment,
areas containing chemicals, and areas containing either personal or
company property are
secured at all times.
- Ensure all company and/or HOA tools, machinery, and vehicles
are kept secure when
not in use.
- Show extreme diligence and integrity when working on any task
involving access control
or security (e.g. such as key cutting/distribution; dealing with
assisting with cases of guest damage).
- Take all necessary steps to protect guest, owner, and employee
privacy (e.g. by not
discussing internal issues with external parties; by not sharing
guest/owner data etc.).
- Performs lock-read audits when requested by the manager.
- Able to perform repair and/or replacement of Onity lock
- Authorized to act as escort for vendors when access to private
properties is required (e.g.
into commercial locations and private condos during annual fire
- Can generate good quality, accurate and thoughtful estimates of
costs in cases where guests have caused property damage.
- Arrive ready for work in full uniform and adhering to company
and Lodging Division's specific grooming and appearance guidelines
including being freshly showered (i.e. avoid
having any potentially offensive body odor).
- Ensure all clothing is clean and in good condition (no rips or
tears). Use appropriate
coveralls (provided by WPRL) when working on projects which can
cause clothing to become
permanently stained or damaged.
- Always be dressed and presented in a manner that you can step
into any other
front-of-house role at a moments notice if the operations needs
dictate this (e.g. assisting with
a large portage call, or being required to drive guests or owners
to a location in a company
vehicle). COMMUNICATION/GUEST SERVICE:
- Use established radio protocol when communicating over the
lodging division radio system.
Be extremely judicious when communicating about sensitive issues
identifying guests/room numbers over the radio system.
- Use a highly engaging, accurate, positive, and professional
communicating with guests, owners, and peers at all times. Strive
to be up-to-date (via WP
Portal, reading all company post emails, and attending departmental
meetings) on all pertinent
resort, information to be able to provide accurate
- Answer all company telephones and cell phones professionally
- Return all emails and phone calls promptly.
- If provided with a company e-mail account, use it for company
business only. Follow all
established procedures in terms of signature standards,
confidentiality warning language, and
resort-approved promotions. Take the time and make the effort to
write high-quality emails with
a focus on accuracy, spelling, and grammar.
- Ensure all appropriate team members are advised about any
established escalation policy) in a timely and accurate
- Meets, directs to the appropriate location(s), provides access,
and acts as liaison when
contractors are called on-site for HOA or Management Company issues
(e.g. elevators down).
- Regular interaction with HOA Board Members USING TOOLS,
EQUIPMENT, AND MACHINERY:
- Ensure you have appropriate experience or request and receive
training before using
any tools, equipment, or machinery which may include hand tools,
power tools, skid-steer,
forklifts, trucks, 6-wheeler, genie-lift. Use all required safety
equipment depending on the
equipment being used.
- Treat all tools, equipment, and machinery as if it was your
own, leaving it in clean, good
working condition and stored appropriately when finished.
- Report any service/performance issues with tools, equipment,
machinery, or other
supplies immediately to Supervisor.
- Assist foremen and manager with inventorying/labeling tools,
equipment, and supplies.
- Assist foremen and managers with ordering tools, equipment, and
- Keep all workspaces and project sites clutter-free, clean and
- Empty garage and common area trash cans (wash and deodorize as
- Store all tools, equipment, and supplies properly and as
directed by Supervisor.
- Clean and tidy all mechanical, electrical, and other building
infrastructure-related locations: focusing on keeping access paths
clear and dust/trash/debris to a minimum.
- Ensure all hot-tub and pool areas (including outdoor furniture)
are clean, swept/wiped
down, free of trash/debris.
- Dust/sweep/power-wash common areas including emergency
stairwells & exit/entry
doors, lobby exit/entry doors; hot tub/swimming pool areas; garage
garage/elevator vestibules. GENERAL LANDSCAPING/SNOW REMOVAL:
- Assist with basic landscaping tasks (weeding, watering plants,
- Assist with snow removal (typically hand removal) in common
areas including hot tub
areas, outdoor furniture, patio areas, building entrances, and
10. Record-Keeping (time & materials)
- Use Kronos timekeeping system to clock in and clock out at the
beginning and end of
every shift. No exceptions.
- Use the HotSOS work order system to accurately log all activity
during the day including
start, stop and delay times for all tasks to which you are
dispatched. No exceptions.
- Use the utmost accuracy to record all materials, parts, and
other resources used on
any task to which you are assigned.
- Seek guidance and permission from Supervisor should any
material change order to
original task be required.
- Report any materials, parts, supplies, or other resources which
require re-ordering to
the supervisor.6 SAFETY:
- Follow established procedures, manufacturer instructions, and
direction from the Manager
when using tools, equipment, machinery, and chemicals.
- Properly use all PPE required for any given task.
- Request training and instruction before performing any task if
you believe you do not
have the experience or knowledge required.
- Immediately address (if able to) any potential safety issues
on-the-spot (e.g. removing
trip hazards, throwing down ice melt). Immediately report any
safety concerns to the Supervisor
or Manager. Bring forth any ideas for continuing to improve guest
and employee safety.
- Use appropriate signage, barricades, cord covers, etc. to
prevent guests from entering
project sites and to mitigate trip hazards. This job description is
an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to
be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the
evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this
position may change. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- College degree preferred EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite required
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Excellent organizational and people skills required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize a high volume workload and
comfortable in an ever-changing environment with
- Possess professional and courteous behavior with all resort
teammates and applicants over the phone and via email. PHYSICAL
DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum
of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile
devices, and basic office equipment constantly.
- Ability to work for extended periods sitting, bending,
reaching, and speaking constantly.
- Ability to work for extended periods standing, walking,
kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily - reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. OTHER DUTIES AS
ASSIGNED: This position description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution
of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may
change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During
these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and
willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer
others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of
Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation
of the resort and its associated lines of business. WAGE: The base
hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter
Park Resorts' hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will
vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors
including but not limited to experience, education, training,
location, merit system, quantity or quality of production,
responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range
listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts' total
compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many
region-specific benefits. hourly pay range: $20.00
Keywords: Winter Park Resort, Littleton , Lodging Maintenance Technician - Year Round, Engineering , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!