Advanced Video Engineer I - Video Support Center
Posted on: September 17, 2022
This position is eligible to work in a hybrid work model
(combination of in-office and remote days).
The Video Support Center (VSC) is a fast-paced 24x7 break/fix team
that remotely supports all video transport and devices belonging to
Charter Video Operations. This team operates on the front lines for
national and regional video device support for the entire Charter
footprint as part of a team of engineers dedicated to resolving and
mitigating issues with video throughout the entire nation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for restoration of video and operational issues
escalated from the Network Operation Centers, troubleshooting and
providing technical mitigations to operational problems.
- Configuration and support of advanced video equipment such as
SDV/VOD, interactive cable set-top box controllers, multiplexers,
MPEG transport, edge QAMs.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of technical
documentation of processes and procedures used throughout normal
- Interact with vendors and internal Charter engineering teams to
mitigate and resolve issues quickly.
- Track and update progress and details in trouble ticketing
system while troubleshooting and performing fix actions
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to quickly
mitigate issues and restore the customer s services.
- Develop problem resolution procedures required to meet
serviceability requirements.BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 1 year related work experience or Bachelors Degree
in Computer Science, Engineering, IT
- Minimum 1 year of experience in maintaining and troubleshooting
video delivery, video applications, testing or networks or related
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience with internal/external
technical support in a network or telecom environment (Headend,
Network, Telecom, or Operations background)
- Must be open to shift/overnight workADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work on remote video equipment and to take
initiative to learn multiple video systems, devices and
architectures in in a faced paced, quick restoration focused
- Basic experience or understanding of MSO video network
architecture, data networking, system operations, and HFC cable
systems are required.
- Basic experience or knowledge of interactive set top controller
systems such as Arris/Commscope DACs and Synamedia/Cisco DNCS/ECs
and their components, Channel lineup systems, Switched Digital
Video (SDV) technologies and Video on Demand (VOD).
- Operational experience with building, grooming, and
troubleshooting various linear and NextGen/OTT/TVE multiplexing,
encoding and transcoding platforms such as Harmonic, Imagine, Ateme
- Basic understanding and experience with Video acquisition,
transcoding/encoding, multiplexing, and modulation platforms such
as Cisco DCMs, Arris CAPs, DM6400 Cherry Pickers, Harmonic
ProStream, MediaKind, Imagine etc.
- Basic experience with MPEG monitoring such as IQ, Telestream
Sentry, or MTSAs
- Basic experience with Edge QAMs such as APEX1k-3k, NSGs.
- Basic understanding of Content Delivery Networks (CDN) along
with the applicable support and delivery methods over IP involving
Live & Smooth Streaming technologies such as HLS, DASH.PREFERRED
- One or more of the following certifications or similar
preferred: SCTE BTCS, SCTE Fundamentals of SDV, Digital Video and
MPEG, DVEP, IPEP or CCNA a plus.
- Linix or Red Hat certification or experience a plus
- Experience with IP multicast video in cable Headends, Hubs,
industry vendors a plus
- Experience in technical troubleshooting and problem solving
Here, employees don t just have jobs, they build careers. That s
why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package
that rewards employees for their contributions to our success,
supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value
at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of $59,300.00 to
$94,700.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide
range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience
and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional
forms of compensation such as bonuses.
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Littleton , Advanced Video Engineer I - Video Support Center, Engineering , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!