Principal Engineer I - Core Video Ops
Posted on: January 5, 2022
This a multi-tier design/development & support role that interacts
with Video Product & Video Operations Teams, CPE manufacturers, and
Supply Chain to provide video solutions. The role is responsible
for setting the technical architecture and development direction
across a set of internal business applications, leading cross
functional technical development teams, delivering business
critical projects while maintaining high morale, managing the
operational activities in an efficient and professional manner and
ensuring all team targets are met as advised by Video Operations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and
enhance the company's video acquisition (RF and Fiber)
- Provide leadership for testing new firmware, software, and
hardware supporting Charter--s video solutions.
- Construct test plans to validate functional, performance, and
business requirements provided by product and engineering teams for
video acquisition, processing, and encoding solutions.
- Evaluate, select, and deploy new test tools and automation
- Study future technology developments and formulate associated
- Provide timely and accurate information and status updates to
- Provide day to day leadership, mentoring, and technical
guidance to team members.
- Develop and implement development standards, policies, and
- Understand and define technical roadmap within Video Operations
to ensure sound technical solutions.
- Ensure projects are accurately estimated and delivered
according to schedule.
- Develop, design and implement electronic systems including
audio, video and other multimedia equipment.
- Work with the field on the implementation of video network
- Work with vendors and Engineering to resolve issues and design
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.BASIC / MINIMUM
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field, and / or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum eight (8) years of engineering work experience.
- Minimum seven (7) years of video signal acquisition
- Minimum five (5) years of project management
experience.ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with Video acquisition, transcoding/encoding,
multiplexing, and modulation, using such equipment as: Cisco DCMs,
Arris CAP/DM6400 Cherry Pickers, BMRs, BNPs, APEX1k-3k, IRDs and
common cable CPE.
- Advanced knowledge of Video Compression (MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H264,
HEVC, J2K, etc.) and Audio Compression (Dolby AC3, Dolby Digital
Plus, AAC, etc.).
- Knowledge of IGMP, IP multicast, API, (BASH), VOD, IPTV, cloud
encoding, packaging for live streaming (HLS).
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware,
software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into
complete network configurations.
- Understanding of IP networking, TCP/IP protocols, Routing and
- Performs network planning, architecture design, and
configuration for Cisco routers and Juniper routers and switches,
including device turn up.
- Experience with network and element management systems, Arris
(DAC) and/or CISCO (DNCS) video delivery systems.
- Experience in managing optical transport platforms service
gateways (i.e. Cisco ONS, Infinera DTN / DTNx / Flex,
- Solid knowledge of related industry specifications and
standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode
Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and
transport technologies and protocols.
- Ability to work with and lead cross functional teams including;
Product, Operations, IT, Care, etc.
- Capable of self-managing time and priorities in a fast-paced
work environment. EGN601-VIDEO 289538 289538BR
Here, employees don--t just have jobs, they build careers. That--s
why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package
that rewards employees for their contributions to our success,
supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value
at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a minimum of $107,600.00. The actual
salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of
factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and
location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms
of compensation such as bonuses.
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Littleton , Principal Engineer I - Core Video Ops, Engineering , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!