Advanced Video Engineer III - Video Support Center
Posted on: November 23, 2021
The Video Support Center (VSC) is a fast paced 24x7 break/fix team
that remotely supports all video transport and devices in Charter
Video Operations group. This team operates on the front lines for
national and regional video device support for the entire Charter
footprint as part of a team of engineers dedicated to resolving and
mitigating issues with video throughout the entire nation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, design and implement electronic systems including
audio, video and other multimedia equipment.
- Identify, resolve and escalate as required operational and
design issues through data analysis and recommend solutions to make
systems more efficient.
- Basic configuration and support of advanced video equipment
(e.g. VOD, controllers, multiplexing, digital transport, edge
- Partner with Engineering to design and test system
- Work with the field on the implementation of network related
projects and other standardization efforts.
- Interact with vendors and Engineering to resolve issues and
- Perform detailed problem diagnosis, track and update problems
in trouble ticketing system.
- Develop problem resolution procedures required to meet
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experienceBASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years engineering work experience
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in maintaining and
troubleshooting video delivery or video applications
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with internal/external
direct customer contact in a technical environment (Headend,
Network, Telecom, or Operations background)
- Must be able to work the following schedule: Sunday thru
Wednesday, 8:00PM to 7:00AMADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong knowledge and operational use of video surveillance
systems and resolution implementation, following established
- Operational experience with building, grooming, and
troubleshooting various linear and NextGen/OTT/TVE multiplexing,
encoding and transcoding platforms such as Harmonic, Imagine, Arris
- Basic understanding and experience with Cisco DCMs, Arris
CAP/DM6400 Cherry Pickers, BMRs, Imagine BNPs and APEX1k-3k.
- Understanding of video network architecture, data networking,
system operations, and HFC cable systems are required.
- Understanding of Content Delivery Networks (CDN) along with the
applicable support and delivery methods over IP involving HLS &
Smooth Streaming technologies.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- One or more of the following certifications: SCTE BTCS, SCTE
Moving Pictures Expert Group (MPEG), SBE SBNT (Certified Broadcast
Networking Technologist), SBE-CTO (Certified Television
- Experience with IP multicast video in cable Headends, Hubs,
industry vendors a plus EVD325-VIDEO 293547 293547BR
Here, employees dont just have jobs, they build careers. Thats why
we believe in offering a comprehensive package that rewards
employees for their contributions to our success, supports all
aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage
The pay for this position has a minimum of $76,800.00. The actual
salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of
factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and
location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms
of compensation such as bonuses.
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Littleton , Advanced Video Engineer III - Video Support Center, Engineering , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!