Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job SummaryResponsible for building, managing, operating and
continuously improving Systems, Storage, Database and/or Tools
Infrastructure that support Comcast's customer facing applications,
back office and provisioning infrastructure in a 24/7 environment.
Focuses on architecting, building, deploying and stabilizing code,
services, systems and tool. Drives standardization and
service-focused instrumentation. Provides subject matter expertise.
Resolves break/fix scenarios, engaging broader teams as necessary
and partners/leads vendors and regions to achieve continuous
improvement. Contributes to command and control related activities
focused on restoration of complex outages, communication across
Comcast and rapid restoration. Works and directly leads external
vendors, third parties and associated agencies when necessary to
address issues across the infrastructure. May participate on 24/7
on-call rotation. Works with moderate guidance in own area of
knowledge.Job DescriptionCTOS Broadcast Engineering Team Core
- Increasing responsibilities in end-to-end issue management and
- Accepting on-call duties and being available to support the
team with phone or email consultation.
- Intermediate level use of electronic test equipment including
wave form monitors, vector scope, oscilloscope, digital voltmeters,
audio monitors, and other types of test equipment commonly used for
testing and troubleshooting in the broadcast environment. Lead
efforts in identifying, configuring, and deploying complex testing
sessions via these tools and pulling and displaying the appropriate
data for use in trending and diagnosis.
- Intermediate functional understanding of TCP/IP protocols,
network design and maintenance practices.
- Intermediate understanding of IP networking and the utilization
of diagnostic tools for testing and verification of network
connectivity and traffic. This includes basic set-up, analysis and
documentation of those diagnostics and developing and executing
restorative measures within the network segments under their
control, and assisting Systems and NetOps teams in their
troubleshooting and analysis.
- Create and maintain more complex reference documentation on
hardware, applications and workflow and regularly present
documentation to the team in appropriate settings.
- Regularly lead the staff meeting reviews of trending issues and
- Mastery of Remedy ticketing and notification system.
- Mastery of in-use issue tracking-tools.
- Understanding and commitment to 24x7x365 in-production On-Air
environments.CTOS Broadcast Engineering specific role tasks:
- IT infrastructure support role for Broadcast Engineering team
hosts and applications.
- Server and workstation building, configuration, and
- Operating system experience primarily with Windows and
- Network firewall and Access Control List (ACL) experience.
- General Network Zone architecture experience.
- Basic Kubernetes and container infrastructure experience.
- Basic understanding of narrow or practical Artificial
Intelligence / Machine Learning.
- Fundamental Virtual Machine platform understanding.
- Basic understanding of Network Attached Storage
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.CertificationsMCSA/D/E,Solutions Architect,Cisco Certified
Network Associate (CCNA) - Cisco Systems, Inc.,CompTIA Network+ -
The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA),CompTIA
Cloud+ - The Computing Technology Industry Association
(CompTIA),CompTIA A+ - The Computing Technology Industry
Association (CompTIA)EducationBachelor's Degree, Bachelor's
DegreeRelevant Work Experience2-5 YearsBase pay is one part of the
Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize
employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a
Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most
non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast
provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should
connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and
should help you care for those who matter most. That s why we
provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools,
that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality to help
support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big
milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the on our
careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Littleton , Broadcast Engineer, Engineering , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!