Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job SummaryAs a member of the Video Acquisition and Compression
Technology team, you are instrumental in delivering cutting edge
video distribution technology. You will be provided with an
opportunity to work with the top video and network technology
vendors in the world as Comcast focuses on being the 1st in the
industry to deliver the latest and greatest experience to our
customers. To ensure that you have the tools to do your job
effectively, we make sure that you have full access to the latest
and greatest tools and test equipment in our state-of-the-art
facility.Are you passionate about digital media, entertainment, and
software services? Do you like big challenges and working within a
highly motivated team environment?As a member of the 24/7 Video
Acquisition and Compression Technology team for Comcast, you will
be instrumental in leading the strategic direction of the physical
technical space that is used to deliver video to the entire Comcast
footprint. The VACT team is a new, small and fast-moving team of
world-class experts who are innovating in end-to-end video delivery
in a 24/7 environment. We are a team that thrives on big
challenges, results, quality, and agility. You would be a part of
the team that delivers video in every format to the end user from
cDVR, to QAM delivery as well as TV Everywhere (OTT). To ensure
that you have the tools to do your job effectively, we make sure
that you have full access to the latest real-time and offline
analysis tools in our state of the art facility.Job DescriptionWho
does the 24/7 Eng / Ops Engineer work with?An Eng / Ops Engineer on
the 24/7 Video Acquisition and Compression Technology Team will
work with a variety of on-site vendors that have a technical
presence in our facilities. We provide Tier 2 operations support to
the Video Quality and Reliability team and work closely with the
network engineering and video engineering teams.What are some
interesting problems you ll be working on?In this role, you will
have exposure to any and all issues that can arise within the Video
Acquisition and Compression Technology team. We are the team that
is instrumental in solving complex video and networking issues that
come in from anywhere, whether escalated from a customer, or from
other teams within Comcast that we partner with. Where can you make
an impact?You ll be working with the best and brightest minds in
Comcast to roll out the video delivery infrastructure that will
power the next generation of television. Success in this role is
characterized by a higher speed to market, with fewer
customer-facing defects and outages. Responsibilities:
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot diverse video compression
and distribution systems.
- Uses in-depth Information Technology skills and knowledge to
ensure maximum availability and reliability for video and data
transmission systems that include video compression, fiber optic,
RF, and IP distributions.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects and issues
- Focus on flawless planning and execution of all change
- Perform detailed testing and validation of all video
compression systems to ensure operability.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on satellite
acquisition and transmission systems including high powered
transmitters and antennas.
- Installation and configuration of satellite receivers for
content acquisition and distribution.
- Documents results of applied work processes and practical
application of technical standards. Reports results to management.
Recommends innovative solutions.
- Utilize test equipment and monitoring resources to solve
moderate mpeg and data problems.
- Acts as an advocate for Engineering and Operations procedures,
policies, and processes.
- Sets the tone and pace for work performance within project
groups and impressionable Engineering and Operations staff.
- Creates data and metric systems to track operational workflows,
maintenances, resources and system failures; maintains records of
results and feedback. Analyzes data and metrics, identifies problem
areas, and provides actionable insight to management.
- Works closely with broadcast and engineering staff on system
design and configuration.
- Mentors team members.
- Occasional travel.
- Provides advanced troubleshooting support when complex issues
arise to support operational standards and uptime.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work variable schedule as necessary.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Climb wave-guide bridges, roofs, ladders and antenna pedestals
for installations, maintenance and inspections.
- Operates assigned vehicles, which includes tractors, forklifts,
and high lift bucket vehicles, reaching in excess of 40 feet.
- Carries and lifts loads of up to 50 lbs.
- Travel as required.
- Complies with all established procedures and policies of
- Performs other functions as may be assigned.Here are some of
the specific technologies we use for Video Distribution:
- Video Compression.
- Audio Compression.
- Dolby AC3
- Dolby Digital Plus
- Knowledge of various telecommunications transport mediums and
encryption methods, to include ASI, SMPTE 2022, DS3, OC3, OC48,
SDI, DVBS2, DVB, DC2, SA PowerVu and BISS.
- Adaptive Bitrate Transcode
- SCTE-35 2012/13
- SCTE-20 EIA 608/708
- ESNI / ESAM
- Variety of MPEG Analysis ToolsPreferred Skills / Experience /
- Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- Field of study focused in Information Technology or Computer
- 3+ year s relevant experience in Information Technology
operations and methodology.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Linux, Unix.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Visio,
- Excellent communication skills.
- CCNA preferred.
- A+ or IT Fundamentals preferred.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Willing to take ownership of problems and see them through to
- Comfortable working a fast paced agile environment.
EducationBachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience2-5 YearsBase pay
is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to
compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the on our careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Littleton , EngOps Engineer, Engineering , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!