Network Engineer II - DOCSIS Support Desk
Posted on: September 12, 2020
Under limited supervision, the Network Engineer II, assists in the
planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of
resource requirements for network systems within the 11 different
DOCSIS regions across Charter Communications. Follows corporate
standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes
recommendations for improvement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for implementation of approved network architecture
and designs. Assists in staff development efforts.
- Participates in DOCSIS planning/deployment operations, network
architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware,
software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into
complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical
- Implements approved DOCSIS methods of procedure and Implements
and assists in designing corporate standards, develops and
implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity
surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member,
regularly as a project team lead.
- Coaches less experienced staff.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal
regulations, as applicable.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.BASIC /
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering,
or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three (3) years of network engineering experience
- Minimum two (2) years of Data network experience
- Minimum one (1) year of DOCSIS experience
- Must be able to work the following schedule: Wednesday 7:00AM
to Saturday 6:00PMADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP)
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications, and
knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Comfortable working in a team environment, as well as being
able to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability
to learn new technology quickly
- Intermediate knowledge of related industry specifications and
standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Single mode
Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet, SNMP,
DOCSIS (2.0 and higher), RF transmission, and transport
technologies and protocols
- Intermediate Knowledge in network design, network architecture,
protocols and network topology (OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, SNMP, and
- Intermediate Knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model, using
ticketing and software tools to support the current operations
- Experience of basic network devices and basic network
appliances (Arris/Cisco/Casa CMTS), and of network designing
software, such as Visio
- Knowledge of MBO cable systems and provisioning, including
DOCSIS technology (3.0)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
(Arris, Casa, Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etcWORKING
- 24 X 7 Network Operations environment Associated topics: asic,
circuit, design engineer, electrical engineer, electronics,
frequency, lan, radio, soc, system analyst
Keywords: Spectrum, Littleton , Network Engineer II - DOCSIS Support Desk, Engineering , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!