Senior Investment Operations Specialist
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Grow your career with a growing organization
Whether they're helping people reach their long-term financial
goals or providing personal wealth management strategies, every
associate contributes to changing the lives of those we serve for
the better. When it comes to job satisfaction, that's hard to beat.
And from a personal satisfaction perspective, you'll enjoy the
freedom to support causes that matter to you and experience a truly
inclusive work environment. Your future starts now.
As a Senior Investment Operations Associate, you will be
responsible for the day-to-day management of a designated book of
business within the large corporate Non-Qualified market. You'll
work with other departments within Empower to process complex
financial transactions related to corporate-owned life insurance
and mutual funds.
What you will do
- Interact with insurance carriers, trusts and clients to process
financial transactions related to corporate owned life insurance.
These transactions include premium processing, policy withdrawals,
policy loans, policy surrenders, death benefit increases, death
benefit reductions, death claim processing, cash value reporting
and sub-account reallocations.
- Asset and liability reporting
- Rebalance COLI and mutual fund assets dependent on client
thresholds determined within funding directives.
- Create customized reporting based on client needs.
- Strong decision-making skills are needed to define problems,
collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions, and escalate
issues when appropriate. What you will bring
- FINRA Series 6 & 63 and state insurance license required within
90 days of hire. Active licensing highly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in business or an additional four years of
- 2+ years of financial transaction processing or related work
- Strong Excel skills, including the ability to create hlookups,
vlookups, use functions such as SUMIF, and work within complex
formulas in workbooks.
- Meticulous, analytical initiative-taker with a motivation to
expand knowledge, skills, and responsibility. What will set you
- Experience working with corporate-owned life insurance highly
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, financial modeling, or other
technically oriented benefits-related field is preferred.
- Critical thinker who enjoys working with numbers.
- Process-driven and able to clearly document procedures for team
- Enjoy the challenge of working in a complicated, ever-changing,
and fast-moving environment. Applicants must be authorized to work
for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over
sponsorship of an employment visa at this time, including
What we offer you
We offer an array of diverse and inclusive benefits regardless of
where you are in your career. We believe that providing our
employees with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in
the best possible work performance.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings - 401(k) plan with generous company matching
contributions (up to 6%), financial advisory services, potential
company discretionary contribution, and a broad investment
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Business-casual environment that includes the option to wear
- Generous paid time off upon hire - including a paid time off
program plus ten paid company holidays and three floating holidays
each calendar year
- Paid volunteer time - 16 hours per calendar year
- Leave of absence programs - including paid parental leave, paid
short- and long-term disability, and Family and Medical Leave
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - internal networks that rally
around common interest, experiences and identities such as race,
ethnicity, gender, ability, military status and sexual orientation.
BRGs play a vital role in educating and engaging our people and
advancing our business priorities.
Base Salary Range
$65,300.00 - $82,550.00
The salary range above shows the typical minimum to maximum base
salary range for this position in the location listed. Non-sales
positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program.
Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some
instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed
base salary depending on individual performance. Actual
compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon
geographic location, work experience, education, licensure
requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time
Equal opportunity employer --- Drug-free workplace
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to
diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics,
are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over),
race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status,
pregnancy, religion, physical or mental disability, military or
veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected
by applicable state or local law.
For remote and hybrid positions you will be required to provide
reliable high-speed internet with a wired connection as well as a
place in your home to work with limited disruption. You must have
reliable connectivity from an internet service provider that is
fiber, cable or DSL internet. Other necessary computer equipment,
will be provided. You may be required to work in the office if you
do not have an adequate home work environment and the required
Want the latest money news and views shaping how we live, work and
play? Sign up for Empower's free newsletter and check out The
Keywords: Empower, Littleton , Senior Investment Operations Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Littleton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!